Forum Replies Created

Page 724 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    November 18, 2007 at 5:16 pm in reply to: OT – Pulldown, resolution & TV Screen Size

    I’m not surprised at the poor quality.
    You’re taking something that was marginal to begin with (off-air VHS) and making it 4X as large (2H + 2V).
    All I can suggest is maybe a bit of noise reduction.
    Try the free one from Mike Crash or the paid one from Neat Video.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 17, 2007 at 10:21 pm in reply to: render for YouTube

    John, I’ve seen some very clean YouTube stuff done using the iPod templates in Vegas.
    Try the 640×480 one first.
    If that’s too large, use the 320×240 one.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 17, 2007 at 8:15 pm in reply to: problems with external firewire monitor

    Have I got a bad DAC?

    That’s a possibility.
    One way to test it would be to hook up a miniDV camcorder to the DAC’s firewire input and the DAC’s analog outs to your JVC monitor.
    If you hear something, you ‘ll know your DAC is OK.
    Let us know what happens.
    BTW Claude, welcome to the “dark side” of NLEs 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 17, 2007 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Video Capture Problems

    No way I have 400mb of free hard drive space.

    That’s it?
    DV is approx. 13.5 GB/hr.
    Your 400 mb is under 2 minutes of video.
    You need a bigger hard drive for all your video. Externals are very cheap these days and a 500 GB. model is what I’d recommend.
    Use it strictly for video storage.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 15, 2007 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Video won’t fit on DVD

    I know 2 hr. will fit because I just finished 2of them today.
    You need to use a bitrate calculator and adjust the bitrate in Vegas accordingly.
    Grab Vol. 1 #7 of Edward Troxel’s newsletters.
    The entire issue is devoted to DVD Architect and should answer all your questions.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 14, 2007 at 4:26 am in reply to: nTSC DVCAM footage capturing as PAL?

    When I’ve heard of this happening, the problem is generally because capture is started before the video signal has had a chance to fully stabilize.
    If you’re doing this in batch capture mode, delay the start time by a second or two.
    If you’re trying to capture the entire tape, let it roll, wait for a clean signal and then press ‘capture’.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 14, 2007 at 3:58 am in reply to: Using Vegas with file server?

    Lance, I’m very interested in doing this as well at the community college I work for so I took the liberty of posting your question on the Sony Vegas forum.
    Wow, did I get some great responses!!
    In a nutshell, it can and is being done 🙂
    Rather than repeat all of them here (it’d take too much space), I suggest you read them at this link.
    I don’t believe you have to be registered just to be able to read the responses but, if you are, let me know and I’ll repeat them here (in one very long reply).

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 13, 2007 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Timeline troubles

    My suspicion is that there’s a tiny sliver of an event down at the 1 hr. mark.
    To confim this, click thr FFWD button and see if it ends where you think it should or way down the timeline.
    If, as I suspect, it’s the latter, delete it and you’ll be OK.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 13, 2007 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Loading AVI in Vegas 6

    As good as it is, there are still numerous variations of AVIs that Vegas can’t, for a wide variety of reasons, can’t read.
    Just ask anyone who’s tried to load an “AVI” from a digital still camera. Turns out it’s actually an MJPEG codec that you need to install to be able to read it properly in Vegas.

    Edward mentioned the File – Import – DVD Camcorder Disc option and, in your situation, that’s what I would use.
    I’ve done this numerous times and it works well.
    Another good reason for doing it this way is that you avoid another stage of de-compression/re-compression and, as you’ve discovered, doing what you’re doing can knock your quality level down, in some cases a lot.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 13, 2007 at 2:44 pm in reply to: transform – deform tool

    If by “transform”, you mean angling the clip in some way, use Track Motion.
    3D Track Motion: Changing the Pivot Point is a great tutorial on doing this.

Page 724 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy