Forum Replies Created

Page 706 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    February 11, 2008 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Vegas not capturing all file

    DVD-RAM disc, right?
    I’ve had issues with those in the past as well.
    Is the disc finalized?
    DId you try the File- Import – DVD Disc option in Vegas?

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 8, 2008 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Best External hard drive to use for $300

    I generally put a Seagate drive into an external enclosure but there’s nothing wrong with Western Digital drives.
    Even though they’ve been bought out by Seagate, I’d stay away from anything with a Maxtor label as a lot of folks I know have had a lot of problems with them in the past.
    Go ahead and capture to it.
    I regularly do 2 to 3 hr. captures to external drives (both USB & firewire) and have never had a dropped frame.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 7, 2008 at 1:15 am in reply to: Does Vegas reencode?

    As you know, the Canopus simply converts the signal from analog to digital.
    What happens to it after that is up to the software being used.
    Vegas (and, as far as I know, no other NLE) does anything to the signal until you render it out in the format of your choice.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 5, 2008 at 2:59 am in reply to: DVD Architect reading markers for “next” function

    I’m confused here.
    Anytime I’ve added markers to a project, DVDA doesn’t care if the makers were numbered 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
    It automatically goes to the next marker on the timeline which, if I read your post correctly, is what you want it to do.
    Or did I completely misunderstand what you want to do?

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 5, 2008 at 2:53 am in reply to: ng display?

    leslie, I don’t know what to tell you as I’m not seeing those problems on my work or home computers and, since you haven’t gotten any responses, I don’t think anyone else is either.
    This sounds like it’s an issue that one of the head honchos could help you with.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 4, 2008 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Off Topic – Sony DVD to VHS with Tuner?

    Why do you need a tuner?
    Most of the combo units I’ve sseen allow you to copy from one media to the other with a simple dubbing select (DVD-VHS or VHS-DVD) switch.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 3, 2008 at 5:15 pm in reply to: timecode f/x

    There should be pre-installed scripts in your script folder called “Add timecode to all media” and “Remove timecode from all media”.
    Run as needed.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 2, 2008 at 4:20 am in reply to: Problems Zooming In…

    Seth, there seems to be a communication problem as what Don suggested is the way to do it but, for whatever reason, you’re not understanding it.
    Vegas can do this very easily without any plugins so let’s go through this step by step and see if we can get you going on it.

    #1. Import a picture and drag it up to the timeline.
    The default image length is 5 sec.
    If you need it to be longer, place the cursor at the right-hand edge of the image and, while holding the left mouse button, drag it longer.
    For this example, I’d suggest making it 10 sec. long.

    #2. Open the Pan/Crop window.
    Move this window over so that you can see the Preview window in Vegas at the same time.
    The first frame is automatically a keyframe and any adjustments you make to the image will be the starting point so set the zoom on the image as desired. The “F” will be shrunk and positioned where you want things to start.

    #3. Now click the cursor so that it’s at the end of the the timeline.
    Move up to the center of the Pan/Crop window, right-click on the image and select “Restore”.
    The “F” will now take up the entire image.

    That’s it. Close the Pan/Crop window and play it to see if you like the result.
    You may need to set the Preview window to Preview/Auto to ensure smooth playback of the zoom out.
    If the effect is not exactly what you wanted, open the Pan/Crop window again and adjust as required.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 2, 2008 at 3:12 am in reply to: Problems Zooming In…

    What Don means is to move the cursor (in the Pan/Crop window) to the point that you want the zoom to end and then right-click in the main Pan/Crop window itself (not on the timeline) and select Restore.
    Make sense now?

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 31, 2008 at 1:06 am in reply to: Help

    How large is the file?
    Both it’s actual size and it’s pixel size.
    It’s a well-known fact that Vegas doesn’t like JPEGs that are too large (eg. 5,000 x 5,000 pixels).

    Also, try saving it as a PNG and see if that works.

Page 706 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy