Forum Replies Created

Page 705 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Audio issues

    “Hmmm, humor me ;-)”

    Good catch Don!!
    I’ve never captured through anything but firewire so I’ve never had to worry about that particular option.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 10:35 pm in reply to: Timecode Problem Vegas 6.0

    Glad you solved it!!

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Features to surpass Premiere

    “How do you do a quick ripple edit on the end of a clip?”

    If you mean ‘get rid of the empty space left over after cutting/trimming’, there’s 2 ways.
    It’ll automatically tighten up if you have Ripple Edit enabled or (my preferred method) double-click in the empty space, hit Del and then Ctrl+Shift+F. This way, you don’t have to worry about messing up material further down the timeline that you can’t see.

    “It would be cool if Vegas had both!”

    Agreed!!
    It’s been asked for before but it never hurts to ask again.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Features to surpass Premiere

    “Multiple, nestable timelines WITHIN a single project”

    I’ve used this feature on my dpsVelocity and I prefer the way Vegas does it (nested vegs or having multiple copies of it open).

    Standard ripple

    It already does this – with 3 choices as to what’s affected.

    and rolling edit tools

    From a reply by Dithermaster on May 26, 2002:

    Alt drag in an event Slips;
    Ctrl Alt drag for Slide;
    Alt edge drag for Slip Trim;
    Ctrl Alt edge drag for Adjacent Trim (rolling edit).

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Audio issues

    Tom, you did buy, install and are are using a firewire card and cable, right?
    If so , there’s no way you can end up with the problems you’re still having.
    It sounds to me like you’re still somehow capturing through USB and not firewire.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 7:53 pm in reply to: Timecode Problem Vegas 6.0

    Are you adding the timecode FX to the clips while they’re in the media pool?
    Since it sounds like these brand new clips, is the internal battery on your camcorder working?
    What I mean is, do you have your camcorder’s clock set?
    Have a look at the recent Viewing timecode thread as your issues soud very similar to the problems John Magee was experiencing.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 5:29 pm in reply to: mpg processing speed

    The only problem on the horizon is that I’m using Vegas 7 : (

    Sounds like a good reason for the upgrade 🙂

    Seriously though, I know you said you prefer Vegas but unfortunately it’s not always the right tool for the job.
    Unless there’s a really good reason, I’d go with MPEG video wizard DVD for jobs like this.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 5:13 pm in reply to: mpg processing speed

    Until recently, Vegas did not have a “smart render” capability.
    Everything always had to be re-rendered (even if it was just straight cuts) which, as you know, takes time and affects the quality 🙁
    That’s why folks were using programs like MPEG video wizard DVD of Womble or VideoReDo – to get around this limitation.

    Vegas Pro 8 added “smart rendering” support for HDV 1080i and XDCAM.
    What wasn’t documented is that, under the right circumstances, this feature also works for standard def MPEG files.
    As long as your MPEG files were all encoded with the same bitrate, you should be able to smart render and not have Vegas recompress anything.
    Note that I said “should be able to” because, if the stars aren’t perfectly that day, it may not work.
    I’ve done it and it’s worked for me but other users haven’t had much luck.
    Most of my MPEG encoding is done according to templates that I’ve saved.
    That way, I know what the encoding parameters were and can duplicate them easily.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 12, 2008 at 3:13 pm in reply to: 8 bits to 32 bits

    If you’re like most of us and don’t own a supercomputer, that’s the recommended procedure.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 11, 2008 at 3:20 pm in reply to: Vegas not capturing all file

    Sometimes you just get lucky 🙂
    Glad to hear that it worked for you.

Page 705 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy