Forum Replies Created

Page 700 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    March 11, 2008 at 9:20 pm in reply to: Audio works but Clips to audio don’t upload???

    That’s usually a sign that you’re trying to use a file (Divx, Xvid) that Vegas doesn’t have the codec for.
    What kind of video are you dragging to the timeline (i.e. where did it come from)?
    If it was from a DVD, try renaming the VOB file to MPG.
    From a DVD again, try the File – Import – DVD Camcorder disc option.
    As long as it’s not a copyrighted disc, it’ll work on miniDVDs and full-sized DVDs equally well.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 11, 2008 at 8:32 pm in reply to: files too big

    What video format are you rendering to?
    What are your render settings?

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 11, 2008 at 8:30 pm in reply to: black horizontal bars are not true black on tv

    It could be a problem with your computer monitor.
    Have you tried burning a DVD of it to see if it’s OK on a TV set?

    If you have and it’s still a problem, try this workaround.
    Put a track of pure black below your entire video track.
    You’ll have to experiment with the RGB levels to get it to the correct value of black.

  • “Well I’m using mainly the DivX 6.7 codec for my AVIs…”

    OK. A bit more information definitely helps 🙂
    A search of this forum for the past 2 years using “divx mp3” only turned up two relevant posts.
    Unfortunately, because it’s DivX & Vegas, there’s no guaranteed solution.

    Mp3 encoding – higher bit rates not available ??

    vegas 6 rendering avi, mp3 doesn’t work

  • “What do you mean you don’t see the options in SD AVI?”

    I mean that they’re not there.
    I put a DV-AVI clip on the timeline, select “Video for Windows (*.avi)” in the “Save as type” box and “NTSC DV” in the “Template” box.
    When I click “Custom – Audio”, the only thing in the “Audio” box is “PCM Uncompressed”.
    There are no other options available.

    “Well, I think it’s kind of obvious, being “uncompressed” and all.”

    It may be obvious to you but, as I have no idea what you’re trying to do with the resulting file (even though I did ask), it’s not obvious to me.

  • You must be rendering an HDV clip as I don’t see those options in SD AVI.
    Why not render the clip without any audio, render the MP3 separately (giving you all the good options) and join them together afterwards?
    I say this not really knowing how you’d do this last part but I’m sure someone here will have an idea.

    I’m curious as to why you want to do an MP3 render instead of regular audio.

  • What video format are you rendering to that you get those options?
    If I select MP3 in the “Save as type” box, I get templates ranging from “16 Kbps, Voice Audio” to “Highest Quality VBR Stereo Audio”.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 10, 2008 at 10:28 am in reply to: Audio drop outs

    Try disabling your anti-virus software as well.
    If that doesn’t work, try capturing with Windows MovieMaker.
    If that doesn’t work, try capturing on another computer.
    If it still doesn’t work, your tape has a bad spot on it at that point and nothing you can do will work.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 8, 2008 at 10:19 pm in reply to: Unable to playback video

    If you’re talking about XVID like you were earlier, that’s a well-known problem format that is best avoided.
    I can’t speak for HDV as I don’t use it but I’ve never had any problems with DV-AVI (what you get from a camcorder).
    I’m working with a student who’s editing a 5 minute music video and he’s got ALL the raw footage stacked on 50 (yes, 50) muted tracks under the master one to make it easier to fond what he wants quickly.
    Not my preferred way to do it but it works for him and the computer isn’t complaining 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 7, 2008 at 2:58 pm in reply to: Tips for working with large projects

    Brad, long before Vegas 8 and Edward’s script came along, I got into the (highly recommended) habit of saving a project as a new version number after every few changes.
    For example, a 10 minute video I did last summer was up to version 75 by the time I was done 🙂
    I’ll also echo Edward’s recommendation about leaving Auto Ripple off as it gets more people into more problems than almost any other option.

Page 700 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy