Mike Clasby
Forum Replies Created
-
I dunno, but, think the jitteriness is because the QuickTime is animated on 3’s (3 frames for the same pic) and 2’s is the classic old animation style. Maybe each succeeding pic is too far, shapewise from the last pick and hence the jerky movement. I’d try to Slow things down And drop the Transparency, that sucker really jumps out at you.
Since the design is so simple (a good thing) I think I might have tried to do it with masks in AE, and keyframe the mask shapes or use Smart Mask Interpolation to get a smooth transition. Like I said, I dunno.
Or with just using one of your psds, distort it with some of the Distort filters (or several stacked) I like Bender and Mesh Warp, or Wave Warp, that way you’d have total control over the speed and shape change. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
-
Jayse’s tut “Making Elements Grow” might not save you that much time but it’s the slick way to do it, give pop to the growing parts:
-
Mike Clasby
July 20, 2006 at 7:02 pm in reply to: How to scale a circle but keep stroke width constant?Did you try keyframing the Mask Shape, that works on my machine, leaving Stroke or Audiowaveform the same size as the Mask Shape enlarges (Audiowaveform: Path – Mask 1, and the same layer selected as the audio layer, display option: Analog Lines, = no real audio waveform bouncing, only a cool stroke)? You could also decrese the stroke/Audiowaveform) as the circle increases, or wiggle it (ooo, I like that, hadn’t done it before), your choice.
To get uniform Mask shape change, double click the mask, and Ctrl + Shift drag a corner (like doing a PhotoShop Transform).
Shift keeps it circular, Ctrl makes it expand from the center.
Audiowaveform: Path – Mask 1 (I’m assuming the Mask is on a Solid Layer, with “none” instead of “Add” for the Mask type, and the same layer selected as the audio layer (don’t tie it to an real audio layer), display option: Analog Lines, = no real audio waveform bouncing, only a cool stroke)?
You might be saying “What’s with this Audiowaveform?”, I dunno, I like it most times better than Stroke, what with the inner and outter color, but then I was always a sucker for Neon Lights.
-
So you wanna take a Wild 3D Ride? Fasten your seat belt:
Throw in some DOF as Nicholastoth suggests and your good to go.
-
Depends on how you want to bend it.
CC Bender or Corner Pin… Maybe mesh warp…
-
Mike Clasby
July 19, 2006 at 2:41 am in reply to: Vegas neon lights titling effect by Trapcode or cc filters ???Yes… you can get close, anyway…
Two layers:
1) TEXT (“VEGAS” as per your sample, Font, I used “Blackoak Std” at 60 px, white))
CC Ball Action
Grid Spacing 2
Ball Size 502) Solid White Layer
Fractal Noise
Type: Max
Block
Scale 20 (to go smaller, say 10, right click the number and set the min lower)
Set keyframes for Evolution (0 at start, 1 or 2 down the line)Colorama
I used – (but choose a color scheme you like)
Output Cycle: Hue Cycle, but add several Black parts, (click on a spot around the circumference of the Color Wheel, choose black, do several scattered around the circle, this will make the dots disappear).Now for this layer, use the Trk Matte to make it “Alpha Matte”.
For the pulsing, add a wiggle expression to Opacity, set an opacity keyframe at say 85, then Alt Click the Opacity Stopwatch and paste the expression:wiggle (1,50)
Note: Change the 1 and 50 as needed, 1 is the Frequency, 50 the Amplitude.
Tweak to taste.
-
Mike Clasby
July 19, 2006 at 2:41 am in reply to: Vegas neon lights titling effect by Trapcode or cc filters ???Yes… you can get close, anyway…
Two layers:
1) TEXT (“VEGAS” as per your sample, Font, I used “Blackoak Std” at 60 px, white))
CC Ball Action
Grid Spacing 2
Ball Size 502) Solid White Layer
Fractal Noise
Type: Max
Block
Scale 20 (to go smaller, say 10, right click the number and set the min lower)
Set keyframes for Evolution (0 at start, 1 or 2 down the line)Colorama
I used – (but choose a color scheme you like)
Output Cycle: Hue Cycle, but add several Black parts, (click on a spot around the circumference of the Color Wheel, choose black, do several scattered around the circle, this will make the dots disappear).Now for this layer, use the Trk Matte to make it “Alpha Matte”.
For the pulsing, add a wiggle expression to Opacity, set an opacity keyframe at say 85, then Alt Click the Opacity Stopwatch and paste the expression:wiggle (1,50)
Note: Change the 1 and 50 as needed, 1 is the Frequency, 50 the Amplitude.
Tweak to taste.
-
Dan, I don’t understand about the 1st parameter (or any parameter for that matter) of the Math.pow(), but Thanks, for the new toy to play with. I tought I was going crazy there for awhile with my perpetual motion object.
-
Dan, I don’t understand about the 1st parameter (or any parameter for that matter) of the Math.pow(), but Thanks, for the new toy to play with. I tought I was going crazy there for awhile with my perpetual motion object.
-
Right click on the value (blue numbers) and click Edit Value, you’ll get a Box for the parameter that tells the Minimum and Mazimum Values. If it says 500 there, that’s the Max, I’m not sure what it is for time warp (I’m AE6.5 handicapped), but if it says Maximum Value more than 5000, change the second Slider Range spot to the Max. Hope that helps.