[Greg Ball] “Why are most of you against firestores?”
All the reasons are listed in the posts, nobody is crashing firestores, they are generally harder to work with.
[Greg Ball] “Please keep in mind that I’m the director, I’m not a P2 person. But the crew is asking me how I wish to have this shot “
We know that is why we are telling you to hire a P2 Wrangler (DIT), someone that know have to handle and organize all the media for you to bring back with you. This person should also have a high level of understanding on how to set up all the cameras. You NEED this person on set.
Whether you use P2 or FIrestore you will have the same about of data to deal with.
Raid 1 drives that people are talking about are dual hard drive set up in FW800 enclosures, they copy the data twice. Since you are traveling I would just bring 2 separate drives do you have all the data in 2 places. Check one in your luggage and carry the other one on the plane with you. Or ship one of the drives. redundancy is your friend.