Forum Replies Created

Page 161 of 391
  • When you did log and transfer check the prefs and much sure that Remove duplicate or advanced pulldown is checked. The clips should be 23.98 in FCP.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 9:30 am in reply to: HD issues

    Unless there is no chance, no way that this is going to be used any other way I would capture as HD then downconvert when going to tape, like I said you should be able to do the pan and scan with the downconvert. This way you future proof the video.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 5:08 am in reply to: 24p Nightmare

    [Emily Cote] “THEN from there I could print to a DV tape and reimport and it would still have the look of 24p but be the correct frame rate, but would also lose some of the image quality, but still be able to work in 29.97 with both. “

    That is what you have now, why would you want to remove it and then reintroduce it. Just leave it where is it, if you like the DVD you have none but add to the problem just spend the time CC’ing and working the audio.

    For the next project, remember editing problems can be fixed in preproduction.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 5:02 am in reply to: New to FCP – from PPro Multiclip question

    This is something that should be handled before you start, fixing it will not be easy or smooth once editing has started. I don’t use PPro but just watch a tutorial on Multi-cam last night. While this maybe one thing PPro helps with I like FCP overall approach better.

    The question is how where you generating TC, if you where is free run, you can quickly find the places where the TC stops matching the TC of the sequence. You would fix your stops and stops getting everything is run time, then export your clip with current settings, then this new clip is what you edit with, anyplace that the camera stops will be black. There is a program called plural eye that helps sync clips up also that can do some of the leg work for you if you are not in free run but you would need to cut the clips up, you cannot just start editing only to find these breaks later on, that would be a mess.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm in reply to: HD issues

    Not the way I would go, The HPX is a P2 solution, I would do a log and transfer to FCP, then let the Decklink do the down convert to the tape deck. A lot of cards (my AJAs do) have center cropping (or letterboxing) when downconverting. That is the way that I would do it.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm in reply to: 24p Nightmare

    I’m the last person to get onto anyone for typos but I think is part of the issue, you are rushing and just hitting buttons with understand what is going on, I know that is why you are here but you have to stop and think about what you are doing and understand the process.

    First there is no way you can mix 24p and 30p and not have some “issue” going out, like I said in the previous post. I you are editing a 30p timeline, the 24p has to have merged frames, it has to create 6 extra frames. These merged frames will look like interlaced. If you don’t want these extra frames your footage will play back as sped up. NO way around this.

    Now why don’t you post what you sequence settings are, how you need to deliver the finished project, where or not you have made a test DVD?

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 4:02 am in reply to: Authoring to DLT

    Hey, Juan,

    How do you have your DLT drive hooked up, I have that adapter but never got it to work, bought it years ago and it is in a box something. I would using it with a DLT4000 which might have been the issue.

    I have a DLT800 and guess I would need an adapter for the cable but do you have to have a power adapter also.

    Is the drive showing up in DVDSP?

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 3:59 am in reply to: AJA vs. Elgato

    No codec is going to speed up converting to m2v but capturing to DVCPro50 will be much better than DV(25) and it might be a little fast encoding since it is 720×480 vs. the 720×486 of uncompressed, this eliminates the cropping step in the encode. DVCPro50 will be a lot smaller than uncompressed and it is a 4:2:2 codec so color space is good for going down to DVD.

    I hope “aac” is a typo, DVD does not support that format, do you mean ac3? If you are encoding audio to aac, DVDSP will convert it back to PCM (uncompressed) when it builds the DVD.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 3:46 am in reply to: Footage Automatically down converted

    Never heard of anything remotely like this, FCP never does anything to the original clips (except for deleting them with an option under make media offline).

  • Michael Sacci

    May 2, 2010 at 3:42 am in reply to: 24p Nightmare

    [Emily Cote] ” if I capture with the pulldown it still comes into final cut as 29.98″
    because that is what the frame rate is, pulldown is the extra frames that make 24p into 30i. (and it is 29.97, not 29.98). To get the footage back to 23.98 you have to REMOVE the pulldown. That pulldown is combining/mixing frames which is why you see a major interlace frame (2 every 5 frames most likely).

    But there is no push-a-button solution, If you have 30p and 24p (with pulldown) you will have some weirdness going on, either from extra frames added to the 24 to go up to 30 or from the removal of frames from the 30 to go down to the 24. A major task to say the lest.

    In the end if you are delivering this on a DVD try the deinterlace via Compressor with frames control turned on, and set to both. This will be very time consuming so do short test. The other solution is to re-edit and fix all the footage before you start.

Page 161 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy