Forum Replies Created

Page 160 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 11:46 pm in reply to: live Switcher

    There’s no budget for those things, it’s cheaper to fix that stuff in post. 🙂

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 11:44 pm in reply to: OT:H.264 legal license info

    not sure I follow how these two things are related. A software company and a government agency? The Rev Dept is trying to collect and taxes that were required at that time, not deciding, “hey lets start changing for X, and lets go back 7 years and charge them also. Or at least I hope that is not what NC DofR is doing. And for the record, I’m not saying that NC has the right to levy this or any other tax.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 11:38 pm in reply to: Question for Multi-App editors

    Thanks guys, helpful insights and comments.

    John, totally agree and I understand we are talking playback viewing and not full quality. But I think FCP is definitely the low man on the totem-pole here. RT playback gets shut down pretty quick. I think I probably should have separated it into 2 questions.

    How anything handle RT preview playback of mixed codecs and frame rates. Then dropping delivery codecs like H264 and the like. Not asking SHOULD you do this but CAN you do this. Seems like Vegas and PPro have the lead with this.

    Then how well does the export handle frame rate conversion. Especially if you are dropping 60i or 30p footage in a 24p timeline. (this type of conversion I would do in Shake or suggest other heavy lifting apps).

    Great video Dennis. CS5 look awesome and I do have the trial version going and will probably get the Production Suite when that expires. Hopefully this will also light a fire under Apple to get all the pro apps to 64 bit as quickly as possible.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 11:08 pm in reply to: First Export to SD DVD

    If you want to archive a version that you can reuse to edit or master, do NOT go to DVD. You can chop up the video into about 20 minute segments and burn to a data as data files or better get a BluRay burner and back up the movie file to a DATA bluray.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 11:00 pm in reply to: live Switcher

    Rent

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 4:23 pm in reply to: OT:H.264 legal license info

    You see all thing stuff coming up a lot lately, I think there are a lot of legal hooks for the patent holders to do “something” down the road if they feel like it. IMO it is something to be aware of but not worried about. Don’t think SNL and FOX would be shooting with Canon DSLRs if a lawsuit was coming down the road.

  • This is why every tape needs to have color bars on the front, his should be done as a force of habit, anything over 30 sec is fine,

  • Did you not copy your P2 content to a hard drive? If not that is the same as capturing from video tape and then throwing away the tape because you have the footage on the computer. This is rule number 1 in the P2 world, original files and structure should always be retained and even backed up.

    But trying running the clips through Compressor with Frame Control on, and set Deinterlace to Remove Reverse Telecine.

    Start with the DVCProHD 1080, change the Frame Rate to Custom 23.976 (not 23.98). Do a short test, footage should show up as 23.98 in FCP.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 9:55 am in reply to: Nesting sequences with different timebases

    there is no way around that but the real question is what have you done. Do your sequence match your clips or are there mismatches there.

    I have seen people do things unknowingly that I could not do if I tried. There is normally not a good and easy fix once codec and frame rates get all mixed up.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 3, 2010 at 9:52 am in reply to: DigiBeta txfer volume size …?

    it will depend on what codec you capture to.

    You can download the video calc from
    https://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/videospace

    that is free and it will answer this question for any codec you can use with FCP. They got some other great plugins.

Page 160 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy