Forum Replies Created

Page 237 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    March 21, 2013 at 11:39 am in reply to: Avid upgrade

    With NAB just 3 weeks away, I would just wait and see. if they announce and demo the next version, you can decide whether the feature set is something you need and have a better idea of when it will be released.

    Michael

  • I don’t know how many Pro Tools users are on this particular forum. You might have better luck on one of the Avid Community forums for Pro tools at avid.com.

    But I could be wrong.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    March 21, 2013 at 12:43 am in reply to: Importing EDL’s and relinking files.

    When you look at the master clips of the MXF files you brought in – what is the source ID being tracked on those? You will find that in either the TAPE or SOURCE FILE column. Then look at your EDL and make sure that it matches the names in other one of those columns. If so, highlight your sequence, highlight all those master clips, then do a relink, but in the dialog box, do a “relink to selected” and work the settings from there. I recently did this myself.

    Michael

  • In the end, it’s a pretty small industry… 🙂

    Michael

  • The guy is a cloud guru from what I read in other articles. iCloud gets revamped?

    As far as Avid CTO – the past management of almost 5 years never believed in having a CTO. And when they did have one for a short time, he was laid off in one of the many unfortunate layoffs last year. Maybe the new CEO has a different view on the role of the CTO.

    Michael

  • I understand that everything on this forum is done looking through the FCPX peephole, but I would assume that the CTO of Adobe covers a whole lot of technology beyond video editing that would be of interest to Apple to pursue on a many existing and new fronts.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    March 19, 2013 at 11:25 pm in reply to: Using RED footage in Avid 6.0

    There’s different ways to approach any project depending on camera format, offline, online, HD finish, greater than HD finish, color correction in MC or elsewhere, etc.

    Workflow may be different depending on answers. AMA link does allow you immediate access to the files and even for editing, but performance can be hit and miss with a variety of factors –

    I would suggest taking a read through this whitepaper to get a sense of what approach might best work for you:

    https://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/digital_camera/digital_camera_workflow_whitepaper_us.pdf

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    March 19, 2013 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Transcripts randomly change font.

    Highlight all the text in the script window, then go to the EDIT menu and select FONT. Form there set font and size and you’re good to go.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    March 19, 2013 at 2:51 pm in reply to: Edit with video purchased through iTunes

    They stopped it on music, not video… that’s a whole different negotiation with the studios. I don’t see that going away any time soon.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    March 19, 2013 at 1:58 pm in reply to: Edit with video purchased through iTunes

    It’s a DRM issue. Same thing used to happen with songs purchased through iTunes – importing via QuickTime saw the DRM and refused to process – same thing for video I suspect.

    Michael

Page 237 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy