Forum Replies Created

Page 112 of 222
  • Michael Hancock

    April 29, 2009 at 8:02 pm in reply to: Poll: Mac or PC

    PC here with Windows XP. My last job was all PC too – 1 Media Composer PC on XP, Xpress Pro on XP, and XPress Meridien on Windows 2000 (I think).

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 28, 2009 at 11:53 pm in reply to: New design/look on TV channel

    These guys did a graphics package for a station I used to work at.

    https://www.giantoctopus.com/

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 28, 2009 at 9:03 pm in reply to: updating

    Your settings should be fine. It’s usually a good idea to rebuild them whenever you upgrade (especially from 2.7 to 3.5), but I’ve been using the same settings since my Xpress Pro 4.x days and they’ve carried all the way up to Media Composer 3.1.1.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 27, 2009 at 10:48 pm in reply to: Still issues with importing images

    Are your logos smaller than your project’s frame size? If they are, import and change your import settings to Maintain, Don’t Resize. They’ll come in untouched.

    Also, read through the help files and manual about the different import options.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 27, 2009 at 10:35 pm in reply to: Correcting uneven white background

    What version of Avid do you have? If you have Media Composer just drop an Animatte effect on your footage and cut a rough matte around your person but cuts out the corners. Then open your title tool, use the color picker to make a giant rectangle the same white as your footage, then cut this onto a track below your footage. Feather your animatte effect until it blends into the background.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 27, 2009 at 12:57 am in reply to: Difference Between Avid Products

    Media Composer Software: Supports SD and HD, no I/O except firewire.

    Symphony Nitris DX: Finishing system.

    DS: Finishing system.

    NitrisDX: Breakout box for either Media Composer or Symphony. Can do HD, SD, analog and digital I/O with hardware transcoding to DNxHD during capture.

    MojoDX: Digital I/O for HD and SD. No hardware transcoding during capture, no analogue I/O.

    MojoSDI: Analogue and digital I/O for SD only.

    Symphony and DS are sold as turnkey systems. Expensive, yes, but guaranteed to work.

    Media Composer – Avid suggests a qualified system and if you want support you’ll need to buy one.

    If you decide to build your own computer follow the Avid specs exactly and you’ll probably have a solid working system.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 23, 2009 at 9:46 pm in reply to: Importing P2 files from network drive…

    Let me preface this by saying I have no idea if this will work and I’m going by memory here, but…

    Open your console and type “alldrives” without the quotes. Hit Enter, then try to import your P2 again. I think “alldrives” allows your Avid to see your network drives. Again, I’ve never done this and my memory may be fading but I thought I remembered hearing this works.

    Let me know if this works.

    Michael.

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 22, 2009 at 10:59 pm in reply to: Re-Learning Avid

    If you feel like you can competently edit a project on Xpress Pro, you can edit on Media Composer. The interface is identical, except that in Media Composer you get more options, more effects, and more control over the app in general.

    Download the Media Composer 3.5 trial and play with it. It will work for 14 days starting from the time you activate it. Download it here:

    https://www.avid.com/forms/info.asp?iTrackingID=MC35TRIALDL&cmpid=142

    Get familiar with the differences between Media Composer and Xpress Pro (look at the default keyboard layouts, for one). Read the help file, and add Avid to your resume!

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 22, 2009 at 9:04 pm in reply to: Importing images into Media Composer

    You’re using the Pan and Zoom effect? Check the render quality in your Effects Editor. It defaults to realtime, which is great because it previews in realtime, but it sucks in the quality department. Set it to Avid High Quality and take a break while it renders. It should look as good, or better, than AvidFX does.

    Also, how much are you zooming in? Go in too much and it will start to pixelate regardless. You can only zoom in so much before you see each individual pixel in all their glory.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

  • Michael Hancock

    April 22, 2009 at 12:25 am in reply to: DV 50 Capture with AG-DVX100P

    The DVX100 only records to miniDV, which is DV25. If you’re using the camera as a playback device you’re limited to capturing DV25. Recapturing at DV50 won’t do anything anyway. Once it’s miniDV (DV25) the quality won’t get better. DV50 will just give you a file twice the size of the original.

    Michael

    ——————————-
    I’ll be working late.

Page 112 of 222

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy