Michael Hancock
Forum Replies Created
-
That’s how Avid works.
To use the full frame size, drop a clip into your timeline (doesn’t matter what the clip is). Then go to your Effects Palette and apply the Pan and Zoom effect, under the Image category. Go into effect mode and click the little grey button on the top of your Effect editor. This will open a dialog box where you select the full size jpeg. You can now zoom in and out on the photo, and move it on the X and Y axis. Sadly, you can’t rotate it.
If you need to rotate your pics go into Boris FX (ships with Media Composer, called Avid FX, unless you have the Academic version which doesn’t come with third party plugins). Or buy the StageTools plugin, which is great for this sort of thing.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
If you have Media Composer 3.x or higher you have a realtime timecode effect. Granted, if you export your sequence to send quicktime files or even a quicktime reference, it will be rendered when you export. I think the render is a lot faster, though, than the old timecode effect.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
Avid sees at most about 3GB. It’s just a limitation of a 32-bit app, even though it can run in a 64-bit OS. The extra RAM will be nice if you keep a lot of other apps open–they’ll each have their own RAM to fill instead of a system with just 4GB total, which means those 4GB are shared by Avid, other open apps, and the OS.
Is Vegas a 64-bit app? I didn’t know that.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
[Dan Newton] “But one question — why do I need to put in the audio again — its very time consuming — can’t I just leave it the way it is — does it effect the 1:1 ?”
The audio is captured at it’s highest quality, so recapturing it just takes up more space on your hard drive and may result in you capturing more than you need to.
Replacing the audio should be about a 15 second step at most. Recaptured your decomposed sequence at 1:1. Open it to make sure all the video is online.
Now drag your original sequence (which still has the audio) into your source monitor. Mark in In at the beginning, Out at the End, then patch just the audio tracks (deselect all video tracks on the source side)and hit V. This will cut all your audio from your original sequence into your decomposed sequence. Done!
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
Michael Hancock
April 9, 2009 at 11:48 am in reply to: Your system is not licensed to run this softwareDid you update your dongle? What version of Avid were you running on the G4? Run a dongle dump and see what version your dongle is licensed to run.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
In your Avid installer for 3.1.1, choose to install Individual Products and see if there’s an option for Avid EMP (it may be called After Effects EMP, I can’t remember). If there is, install it. Under your AE Preferences you’ll see a new option under output to use your Mojo.
This used to work in Pre-3.x days, but I haven’t checked to see if it works now. I’ll have a look tomorrow–I have an analogue Mojo at work, but it should function the same for the MojoSDI.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
Thanks Grinner! Much appreciated!
I’ve actually made this same mistake in the past. When I was cutting news I logged and sorted about 30 different tapes, then realized I was going to spend several days opening each bin to batch capture. Tried the “copy all to one bin” trick, batched, prayed, and it worked. Saved my butt.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
If you’re getting video underruns and dropped frames it very well could be a throughput issue.
Have you tried duping your sequence and creating an audio and video mixdown, then trying to digital cut that? It takes up a little more space on your storage and some time to make the mixdowns, but may help you narrow in on a solution.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
You should be able to make a new bin, call it Batch.
Open your first bin (let’s call it Bin01) and select all the clips. Hold Alt (Option, I think, on a Mac) and drag these clips to your Batch bin. It will make copies of the master clips there.
Close Bin01.
Repeat with all 45 bins until every master clip has been copied to your Batch bin.
Select the Batch bin and hit Batch Capture. It will prompt you for a tape. Put that tape in and wait until it’s done. It will prompt you for another tape. Put that tape in, etc… until everything has been batched.
Now, you should be able to delete the Batch bin, open your original bins, and all the media will be online. Done!
Test with just a few clips first to make sure it works like expected, but it should. I’ve done it this way before and never had problems.
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late. -
You missed 3.1.2, and they just released 3.5.1 a few days ago. At this rate we’ll be on Media Composer v74.1.3 by the end of next year!
Michael
——————————-
I’ll be working late.