Forum Replies Created

Page 563 of 668
  • Michael Gissing

    March 6, 2010 at 3:08 am in reply to: Eliminating beeps without rendering auido?

    They all need to be converted to an edit codec anyway as FCP doesn’t handle h264 properly as an edit codec.

    So when you use Compressor to convert them all to ProRes, convert the audio sample rate to 48khz and job done. No renders picture or sound and no more beeps.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 6, 2010 at 1:35 am in reply to: Crisp text imported from Photoshop

    Once you have the text matching the correct pixel aspect, take your final timeline and render it out as either 10 bit uncompressed or ProRes in that same pixel size to get a better result.

    DV codec always makes text blocky. It is a compression that does poorly on hard lines and real edges.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 6, 2010 at 1:29 am in reply to: MTS into FCP workstream

    I presume the mts file is mpeg2 so why transcode that to mpeg4 (H264?)

    Just play the mts or rewrap it to a standard mpeg2 file. No transcoding and will look as good as the mpeg2 is.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:39 am in reply to: FCP 7 Memory – How much is enough?

    [Scott Sheriff] “It will probably get me by for a couple of years. I hope by then the 4 gig sticks will be priced better.”

    No doubt they will but I am an optimist and expect a 64 bit FCP before then.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:27 am in reply to: FCP 7 Memory – How much is enough?

    I recently upgrade hardware and software to FCS3 and I chose 32 gig RAM for the simple reason that I hope to not have to open the box for a good while.

    I wanted to have bases covered if and when FCS goes 64 bit, plus Motion and Compressor can utilise more RAM that FCP. I also often have Color and FCP open at the same time and occasionally Motion as well.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:20 am in reply to: Digital Artifacts in FC 6

    [Will Granzier] “My mind goes – could the drive be going !?”

    Sounds likely. Check the disk with Disk Warrior and see if it can repair any corruption. Also it might be worth then cloning the drive after Disk Warrior in case it is about to fail.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:12 am in reply to: Color Correction: Trouble with Black colors

    If you use the 3 way Color Corrector filter built into FCP you have control specifically over the black level and the black color balance.

    With that yo should be able to get a better color match. The RGB parade view in scopes will help you to get even levels and color

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:10 am in reply to: 1080Psf playout query

    Not sure why you would make the field dominance none? 1080 25psf is a progressive image wrapped in a 50i frame. When I work in this format from HDCam, I leave everything as 50i and have no trouble playing out to HDCam.

    That said, there are settings on the HDCam decks for 50i and 25psf. I presume the Kona is output 50i, so try that setting on the deck first. Are you getting funny green colored blocks on playback but EE looks OK? If so it is the psf versus i setting on the deck.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 5, 2010 at 3:06 am in reply to: Crisp text imported from Photoshop

    Two important considerations. Firstly what are your sequence settings in FCP. Choice of frame size and codec used can make a big different.

    Secondly what aspect ratio are you using. You graphics are smaller than most standard def frame sizes and your aspect is 4:3.

    If your text is simple, try the built in Boris text tools in FCP. Photoshop may be overkill.

  • Michael Gissing

    March 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm in reply to: exporting audio for M & E

    I was just referring to the panning in the final mix stereo files. No need to do anything in the original sequences if you have the mix already done.

Page 563 of 668

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy