The other reason it matters is that when facilities like mine make decisions about which edit platforms to set up for grading & online we want to know where most of our work is coming from. If it was AVID, then why buy FCP and the use Automatic Duck for each job.
It also gets editors who may be stuck on AVID to at least realise that they need to be able to use more than one hammer to bang in that nail. And most importantly as Walter says, it makes producers feel comfortable about paying for someone like me to use FCS software to finish their broadcast products.
Six years ago when I decided to go with FCP and get back into grading, I chose it because FCP was then being used for over 50% of docos that I was already doing sound post on. This is the sort of information that matters to people who run the finishing facilities that support the editor/carpenters out there. So I really don’t care that you don’t care, but hey, we are there to support you getting the job finished anyway.