Kevin Monahan
Forum Replies Created
-
Yeah. It was as if the images were on a raster that was too small. It’s OK though. I rebuilt it and came up with a super technique involving the replicator and image sequences. It’s going on my reel before someone steals the idea. 😉
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Kevin Monahan
May 10, 2006 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Nesting is definitely broken….as is this whole programYou know, in my opinion, nesting has been broken since FCP 4.1.1. I have detected this because the nesting section in my book is now compromised. I did extensive research into the nesting behavior when I wrote my book in the FCP 4 era. Nesting changed or “was broken” in FCP HD and FCP 5.
From versions 1-4 duplicating a sequence was different than copy/pasting one.
Previously, if you copy/pasted a nested sequence – any further instance of the nest would ripple changes throughout copies of the nest. If you duplicated a nested sequence, it became independent from the original nest.Now both copy/paste and duplicate operate identically – which for me is problematic. Sometimes I want changes to ripple into other iterations of the sequence, and in other cases (like using nesting for creating video fx) I do not. Now I am stuck with no option to NOT have changes ripple.
I wish that Apple would change it back to the way it originally was.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Check out my book, “Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro”.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Kevin Monahan
May 10, 2006 at 7:19 pm in reply to: capturing 4 audio channels without mixing them into 2 audio channels?I’ve found that a 2 pass capture is the only way around this.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Keycode or Home Run Media in Burbank are reliable.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Cool! Thanks for pointing that out.
You know what happened? I reinstalled the OS and FC Studio and tried to open the project once more. It opened up after I reconnected the media.
I am so happy to have restored the work and nice to know about the auto save vault.
Thanks man….
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
I recommend these folks:
https://www.computerrentals.com/Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
-
Feature Request: Auto Save Vault for Motion.
San-Q!!
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com -
Great seeing you too Walter!
Thanks to all that came. Good times were had by all. I agree – the RIO was very classy indeed. I liked the separate area where you could talk and laugh it up w/o disrupting the meeting. The shorts were very good quality and it was cool how the program was broken up with work from actual users. I missed the space alien gal though!
In addition to myself, the following people were on the FCPUG planning committee: Mike Horton, Gary Adcock, Dan Berube, & SF Cutters’ Ambassador Claudia Crask.
Thanks to the committee and of course, all the sponsors who made it happen.
OH! And there will be a Podcast up soon, so all can experience “the love” of 67 FCP User Groups world-wide all meeting in one place.
We’ll let ya know when it comes out.
🙂
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com