Kevin Monahan
Forum Replies Created
-
Also upgrade to FCP 4.1.1.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
Howie,
Yes, you can hear playback with speakers connected to the Mac, but in a pro scenario, it is so much better to monitor out of the deck (or capture card if you have one). Because most pros monitor both video and audio externally, you should have your speakers connected to the deck (if DV) or video capture card. Likewise, you should be cutting with a pro video monitor connected at all times. If your speakers are connected to the Mac, you would not be using a pro video monitor and that’s NOT good. Makes sense?The only time I’m not cutting with external monitoring is when I’m on the plane or in the cafe. And how often is that in reality? Not often, I’d wager.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
Kevin Monahan
July 15, 2006 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Is Tiger 10.4.2, FCP 5.1 and Quicktime 7.0.4 Stable?I was having trouble with my slower and older Macs on 10.4.7, turns out that removing my KVM switch helped greatly. Appears that Tiger is more sensitive to 3rd party hardware and bad RAM than past versions of OS X.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
It should work fine. Just use the Move function. Better yet, use Copy – then verify everything came over fine, then erase the source media.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
CMD-Shift-Tilde cycles the windows, not the tabs within the windows. Tom’s is correct, we need more folks to request this sorely missed feature.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
What you shot is what you got.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
Kevin Monahan
July 13, 2006 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Seeing fields/swapping fields/field dominance issuesNo, you can’t. Unlike Avid, it’s not possible w/o a plug in.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
Not natively, no. You’d need the Boris Continuum filters or the like for something like that. OR a 3D app.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
I would also wonder about the editor who considered himself high enough up the chain that he had the authority to fire the cameraman, unless he was also the producer or director.
I forget that I often produce my own projects and can fire crappy DPs accordingly. If I were simply an editor working for a producer, I would make it well known why it was costing him so much money for me to patch up a DPs mistakes in post. For sure you can’t remain silent about that kind of situation.
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters -
TIFFs are pretty cool too if you don’t need to animate layers. It comes into FCP as a single layer with the alpha intact. However, when you open in Editor all the layers remain intact, so you can edit them. Got that from Richard Harrington. Hey Rich!
Kevin Monahan
Take My FCP Master’s Workshop!
fcpworld.com
Pres. SF Cutters