Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 posts
  • Joseph M. Morgan

    October 21, 2011 at 1:15 am

    I still have no idea why Encore’s subpictures are showing way off, but, on a whim, I decided to burn the DVD and look at how bad it is.

    In the burned DVD, the subpicture is right on… very, very disturbing to see it so far off. I wasted an hour trying to “fix” it.

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    October 13, 2011 at 2:31 am

    OK… Made it work. If anyone is interested, a 720 x 480 render worked, but it wasn’t exactly intuitive what to do.

    In After Effects, I had 2 HD videos I comped together for a looping background. The final sequence was 1440 x 1080, which I rendered in just about every way you can think of. Nothing worked.

    Since the previous video was a 720 x 480 SD AVI, I decided to create a new comp with those settings. I then dropped the HD comp into it, scaled it down, and rendered it into an AVI.

    It worked. I cannot explain why rendering a 1440 x 1080 comp into 720 x 480 doesn’t work, but a 1440 x 1080 comp dropped into a 720 x 480 then rendered does…. but it works.

    So the remaining question is… why doesn’t 4D like HD textures?

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    October 1, 2011 at 10:55 pm

    Well, I did figure out something. In the multi-camera sequence, I now know it is picking up the audio of the currently selected camera on the timeline. Somehow, for some of them, I had switch the currently selected camera to MC2 on the timeline.

    I suspect, then, that when you turn off “Audio follows video”, the audio it chooses is the audio selected in the timeline.

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    February 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

    Only if 1) I had not just been playing that day… and 2) if I had deleted the project…

    But I had been playing… and I didn’t delete the project… so… that worked perfectly.

    Thanks… in spite of how long it’s been.

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    January 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm

    Yikes! OK. I see a couple of catch-22s here…. and I now realize my real problem started at the beginning, when I hadn’t planned on using dynamics at all.

    It is clear I should have started with simple proxies and dynamics, and then brought in the real objects, and retrofitting dynamics without proper planning is simply not the way to go.

    Brian, as always, you’ve been extremely helpful, but I think I’m going to cut my losses now and manually keyframe this relatively simple animation.

    Thanks again!

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    January 7, 2011 at 2:38 am

    Brian… I know you probably feel like you’re dealing with a first-grader… and with this, I am …

    The coins fall, passing in front of the camera. At this point, they are vertical along the Y. Then, they continue to fall down into the chest while the camera pans down. While the coins fall the flip horizontal along Z, so they land in the chest flat.

    However, the coins don’t flip. That is, they remain vertical along the Y, even though I keyframed the rotation of the coin proxy. Then, from time to time, after a while of clicking, and rendering the scene, they suddenly are flipped on their backs…

    It seems the more I get it working… the more strangeness that creeps in….

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    January 6, 2011 at 4:15 am

    Yeah…. I changed the gravity type from Newton to Axial and for some reason it started working. Don’t know enough to know why.

    Now I have to solve another problem. The coins are vertically stacked and fall one after the other. Everything is fine until the first coin reaches the chest proxy. For now, that coin is bouncing like a ball (I’m sure I can tweak to fix it)… but when the first coin bounces, all the other coins bounce about as if they hit a surface as well.

    The coins aren’t close enough to one another to be bouncing off of each other, or, is one of the settings causing a spacial buffer around the coins like a force field?

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    January 6, 2011 at 3:27 am

    Hmmm R12… Maybe this project will bring in enough extra to pick up the upgrade…This is just a “pro-hobby” for me, though…. but I might want to get in while they still have an upgrade from 10.5. Looks like I need Studio if I want the features I currently have.

    So… it sounds easy enough, but the coin proxies won’t fall. I have the solver, the gravity, coin proxies, and the chest proxy under the solver, with the actual coins under their proxies. I used Newton gravity and a mass of 1 on the coins, 0 on the chest.

    I clicked Dynamics->Initialize all objects, and in the tiny little project I created to learn dynamics, this was all the magic I had to do.

    The only difference is in my real project is that I set the solver to start at the 60th frame and end at 120, though I’ll probably extend that and tweak the settings once I get farther into the project.

    What am I missing?

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    December 28, 2010 at 4:29 am

    OK… I got it… it took a bit of trial and error, but I finally got it together.

    Thanks again, Brian…

    Joe

  • Joseph M. Morgan

    December 25, 2010 at 11:01 pm

    OK… I had stupidly put the belt tags on the nails rather than on the strap itself. I’ve matched up every property of the cloth tags, and removed all other unnecessary elements, nurbs, etc. At least the strap is acting like cloth.

    How did you attach the strap to the “attach” points on the lid and base. I tried selecting a point on each and then choosing Structure->Connect, but that didn’t work. The strap just falls away from the nails.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy