Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Multi Camera Audio only using Audio 2 from source

• CS4 Multi Camera Audio only using Audio 2 from source

• Joseph M. Morgan

October 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Filmed interviews with 2 cameras. Have their tracks on timeline synched. Dropped them into a new sequence and turned on multi camera. I can ONLY hear Audio Track #2 from the source. This is what I have tried:

If I turn On “Audio follows video” and it does what it should, I get audio 1 with video 1 and audio 2 with video 2.

If I turn off “Audio follows video” in multi-camera monitor and select the “Audio 1” track. It stays on Audio 2. If I mute or delete the audio 2 track in the synched source, I hear nothing.

The only way I found it to work is if I delete audio track 2 in the source, and move audio track 1 into audio track 2, and then turn off audio follows video. All fine.

As an experiment ( to test to see if it was just picking the last audio track from the synch source ), I moved my audio 1 into audio 3…. no joy.

We have quite a large number of interviews, all filmed, synched and combined in this way. We’ve edited the multi-camera sequence down to what we want in our film, and now want to use the right audio track. What am I missing?

• Joseph M. Morgan

October 1, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Well, I did figure out something. In the multi-camera sequence, I now know it is picking up the audio of the currently selected camera on the timeline. Somehow, for some of them, I had switch the currently selected camera to MC2 on the timeline.

I suspect, then, that when you turn off “Audio follows video”, the audio it chooses is the audio selected in the timeline.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy