Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Multi Camera Audio only using Audio 2 from source

• CS4 Multi Camera Audio only using Audio 2 from source

Posted by Joseph M. morgan on October 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Filmed interviews with 2 cameras. Have their tracks on timeline synched. Dropped them into a new sequence and turned on multi camera. I can ONLY hear Audio Track #2 from the source. This is what I have tried:

If I turn On “Audio follows video” and it does what it should, I get audio 1 with video 1 and audio 2 with video 2.

If I turn off “Audio follows video” in multi-camera monitor and select the “Audio 1” track. It stays on Audio 2. If I mute or delete the audio 2 track in the synched source, I hear nothing.

The only way I found it to work is if I delete audio track 2 in the source, and move audio track 1 into audio track 2, and then turn off audio follows video. All fine.

As an experiment ( to test to see if it was just picking the last audio track from the synch source ), I moved my audio 1 into audio 3…. no joy.

We have quite a large number of interviews, all filmed, synched and combined in this way. We’ve edited the multi-camera sequence down to what we want in our film, and now want to use the right audio track. What am I missing?

Joseph M. morgan replied 12 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Joseph M. morgan

October 1, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Well, I did figure out something. In the multi-camera sequence, I now know it is picking up the audio of the currently selected camera on the timeline. Somehow, for some of them, I had switch the currently selected camera to MC2 on the timeline.

I suspect, then, that when you turn off “Audio follows video”, the audio it chooses is the audio selected in the timeline.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy