John Pale
Forum Replies Created
-
Worked the US Nationals Figure Skating event for ABC/ESPN a couple of years ago. They flew me out to St Louis and put me up a nice hotel for a week long job. Unfortunately the night before I was scheduled to leave I came down with a the flu coupled with sinus infection. I worked the night shift, 9pm-9am all week constantly blowing my nose with a horrible pounding headache. I got virtually no sleep due to the illness……the only thing that kept me from praying for my own death was the support of the people I was working with….really a good group of people, most of whom I didnt know before the gig.
-
Create a new sequence that is actually PAL (You can have sequences of all different formats within one project in FCP). Copy your clips (select all-then copy) and paste them into the new empty PAL sequence. Still have a red line over everything? FCP may have resized all your clips in the incorrect sequence to NTSC frame size. You can fix this by selecting all, then use the Remove Attributes command, by control-clicking on one of the selected clips.
Good luck.
-
[Ernie Santella] “My question is why is the FCP conversion so bad, when Episode or Cleaner’s conversions sounds fine.
“Thats the point you are missing…FCP does NOT convert your audio files for you…it uses the files you give it….and, as you have discovered…MP3 files don’t work well (due to their use of temporal compression). The only conversion FCP will do for you internally is a sample rate conversion.
You can easily set up a Compressor droplet to convert your MP3’s to AIFF when necessary. Then all you need to do is drag them to your droplet.
-
Seems to work here. You may have an FCP keyboard shortcut assigned to the same key-combo.
If so, change the FCP shortcut so it doesnt conflict. -
Okay. Its looking like there is a problem with firewire on your computer, but still not certain.
Do you have access to another firewire device (camera or deck) to see if it works correctly with the computer that is exhibiting the problem?
Have you tried trashing your FCP preferences? It could be something as simple as that.
-
Does it only do it with this tape?
Does it only do it with this deck? -
[david reichelt] “Now as I understand it if you have a speed adjusted clip you are to make a QT of it and then bring it back into your FCP project, but I lost considerable quality when I made a QT with same as sequence settings”
If you did this correctly that should not happen.
Explain how you did this. -
John Pale
February 27, 2008 at 6:39 pm in reply to: PROBLEM IMPORTING DVCPRO HD SEQUENCE INTO COLOR…[walter biscardi] “I don’t think the Avid DVCPro HD codec is the same as Apple’s. It might work in FCP, but I’ve never tried to bring anything originated in Avid into Color.”
It was developed by Avid, since the standard DVCPRO HD codec was not made available for PC’s by Apple/Panasonic. It’s the same on a technical level, but it has a different signature/wrapper and is probably not supported in Color. Since you got it to work in FCP, perhaps you can use Media Manager in FCP to transcode to the standard/non-Avid DVCPRO-HD codec.
-
The author ceased support for Sebsky Tools more than a year ago and it no longer works reliably on the current OS, but it may still function for some.
Worth a try, i guess.
-
[Anand Kamalakar] “I need to move all the bin information and be able to reference the digitized AVID media. The project was created on AVID EXPRESS PRO, the newest version”
You can’t do this, even with Automatic Duck. Automatic Duck is for interchange of sequences.
There really is no workflow for total project migrations, since the two systems work completely differently and Avid is not a Quicktime based editor, as FCP is.