Forum Replies Created

Page 157 of 413
  • John Pale

    July 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Why are you all still here?

    It’s nuts, I agree. I started a thread on how crazy it is awhile back. But it’s entertaining.

    Having actually tried the software (I have two active projects in it), I have new appreciation for Aindreas’ zeal.
    If there was XML/AAF I’d move both these projects off to another NLE in a heartbeat…and they are simple and very well suited to FCPX in it’s current state.

  • John Pale

    July 24, 2011 at 2:34 am in reply to: And so it begins: FCP FX PROBLEM with OSX LION

    Not seeing this.

    Try trashing your preferences and see what happens.

  • John Pale

    July 24, 2011 at 1:33 am in reply to: Performance

    Thanks much.

    The performance with ProRes isn’t bad, so it looks like I’ll still be in transcode hell until I can upgrade to a newer computer.

    FCPX actually has very good performance with DSLR, but the interface is really not working for me.

  • John Pale

    July 23, 2011 at 1:38 am in reply to: Shakespere explains Final Cut X.

    When I saw the title of this thread, I must admit I thought it was going to be like one of those Hitler videos, but in iambic pentameter.

  • The boys at Adobe need to stop worrying about FCP, now that it’s (mostly) dead and sit in front of Avid for awhile. Nobody nailed the trim window as well as they have. Of course the boys at Avid really came up a with a senseless kludge of an effects interface, but that’s another story.

  • John Pale

    July 22, 2011 at 5:52 am in reply to: FCP X and Digital Voodoo 64AV

    Oddly enough, my Cinewave is running like a top with FCPX

  • John Pale

    July 22, 2011 at 3:24 am in reply to: walter murch, bee dancing, and blinking

    Can you just go back to ranting like a lunatic?

    I need a thesaurus, a dictionary, and Google on 3 tabs in my browser to get through this and I still don’t know what you are talking about.

    My head hurts.

    Cheers.

  • John Pale

    July 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm in reply to: AJA System Test is not working in OS X 10.7

    Glad you didn’t off yourself.

    Now where did I put that banana ?

  • John Pale

    July 21, 2011 at 6:40 pm in reply to: AJA System Test is not working in OS X 10.7

    Bob,

    This works with the BMD Disk Speed test. Have not tried with AJA yet.

    Get Info (cmd-I) on the drive. Unlock the little lock at the bottom of the Get Info window. Authenticate. Click “Ignore ownership on this volume”

    Lion has different default permissions apparently.

  • John Pale

    July 21, 2011 at 6:29 pm in reply to: DVD authoring

    Not like you are used to.

    The “Share” method using Compressor has some basic templates, which might be fine for client approval stuff depending on what you want.

    Just keep using DVD SP from FCS3. There is nothing on the Mac side, other than Encore that is as fully featured for DVD authoring.

Page 157 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy