Forum Replies Created

Page 151 of 413
  • John Pale

    August 12, 2011 at 3:02 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Blackmagic Desktop Video 8.2

    I was a little harsh, actually. Contact Blackmagic support with this issue (yes, I am seeing it too)
    They fixed the audio scrubbing issue shortly after I contacted them a month or two ago…so maybe they will fix this quickly, as well.

    I’ve kinda moved PPro to the back burner , as I have heard from several sources that you really need an 8 core machine to get decent performance with it, and I don’t have one right now.

  • John Pale

    August 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm in reply to: unable to export prores from sequence

    Is this on a system with FCP installed?

    Pro Res encoder is only included with an install of FCP.

  • John Pale

    August 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm in reply to: 16mm Film to HD

    I know I am in the minority, but I really despise the “blurry moving background” look.

    If I can’t do pillarbox, I actually prefer a stock background that’s not too busy (very simple grids or particle fields), and pull the opacity way down, so that it is just visible enough to register without distracting from the footage. I find that it’s tasteful and respects the original framing best.

  • John Pale

    August 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Blackmagic Desktop Video 8.2

    Desktop Video 8.2 fixed some other problems with PPro, but introduced new ones.

    I’ve given up on Premiere Pro for the time being. I don’t have enough time to debug this stuff right now.

  • John Pale

    August 11, 2011 at 4:36 pm in reply to: How to get FCP bins into Avid?

    Actually you don’t need batch files either…if you think hard enough about your media, it becomes a bin automatically. 🙂

    Thanks for the info. I had no idea.

    [Michael Phillips] “And you don’t need CinemaTools either… export the batch file and import into ALE via File/Import and save as ALE.
    “

  • John Pale

    August 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm in reply to: Color Matching – For Real?

    Choosing to learn some color correction techniques is a good idea..but I would have tried to find a course on Resolve, as you said you have Resolve light. Apple Color is “End Of Life” so I would not spend a lot of time learning it’s very deep interface. Resolve is quite different, and will become the tool of choice on the Mac, as many colorists are already moving on to it.

  • John Pale

    August 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm in reply to: FCP audio out of sync after export

    I think what is happening is that you are “fixing” the sync based on seeing the 4 frame offset, but what you are really doing is throwing it out of sync.

  • John Pale

    August 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm in reply to: FCP audio out of sync after export

    As an aside, the default 4 frame offset is there because there is a delay when monitoring via a FireWire device. The 4 frame offset makes the canvas and the external monitor (via FireWire) appear to be in sync.

    When FCP was introduced, the majority of users were using FireWire DV devices. Obviously, things have opened up quite a bit since then, and there are many possible Setups … But the default setting has persisted until today.

  • Rafael it is you who are wrong. The file path has nothing to do with this. If the the file path were lost, FCP would present a reconnect dialog and media would be offline. That has not happened. The link between sequence clip and browser master clip is contained in the project file itself..And it is that which has become corrupted…
    .which is why he got a missing master clip error.

    Dragging or copying a sequence into a new project breaks the master clip/sequence clip relationship (makes sequence clips independent). It says so in the manual, and from experience, I know it to be true, Since this is not his problem anyway, I am not going to get drawn into an argument over it.

  • John Pale

    August 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm in reply to: FCPX Slow Rendering (Project Export)

    What codec are you exporting to?

    Also, what method are you using to export? Some methods will ignore your render files (from the timeline directly to Compressor) and re-render directly to your target codec, which can take much longer, but result in a cleaner encode.

Page 151 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy