Forum Replies Created

Page 322 of 374
  • I didn’t explain that very well last night. You also would need to trim your in points also.

    So when you put video 2 into your master timeline, you have move to the point where “2” starts and press “alt + [” to set the inpoint. Then move to the outpoint and press “alt + ]”.

    Anyway, I set up a final comp for you. I don’t have the music, so I just used the first word of each comp as the inpoint time. I didn’t do trim all the outpoints.

    3451_3447diarrheabetesvideocs5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Drag your music onto the make new comp icon and name your comp “01 Master”.

    If I’m reading and understanding what you did, Pre-comp 1 is the first line in your music. Take that and drag it into your new compostion. Now move forward in time to the place you want your last word”UHHH” to end and press ” alt + ] “.

    Now take “2” and drop it into your “01 Master” and repeat the step to cut the layer. Do this for all your compositions. When you have everything layed out. You will need to render out a movie and you do that by pressing “cntl + shift + /”

    Finally, you really need to take Michael’s advice and go through the basic tutorials he linked to before. You are trying to fly before you have learned to walk.

    https://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You should learn the basics first before jumping into a video with a 3d camera rig. That will just be frustrating for you.
    Getting started with After Effects:
    https://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

    Andrew Kramer’s Video Copilot Basic Training series, all of which are free.

    https://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/video-copilot-basic-training-s.html

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 22, 2011 at 3:38 pm in reply to: After Effects Cube Track Matte

    You might want to check out Broadcast Gems CubeWipe FX. Not overly expensive.

    https://www.broadcastgems.com/cubewipefx/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 21, 2011 at 12:35 pm in reply to: fake 3d tag cloud – orientation question

    This works best if you use a camera with a far zoom, say the 200MM preset, if you choose a wide angle camera(18MM) the camera ends up being too close and the text will be shifting on both the x and y axis to keep facing the camera..

    Now just select all your text layers and (PC) press “cntl+alt+o” to open the orient dialogue and choose “Orient towards camera”

    Also there are expressions that could be written to achieve this too, but this is probably the fastest way to accomplish this look.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 21, 2011 at 12:16 pm in reply to: alpha symbol font?

    Ά ά α - The ariel versions of alpha.

    You can search for these on a PC by going to your Start Menu > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. Click advanced view and type in “alpha” for in the “search for”. If there is an alpha it will show up and you can select and copy it, if not, move on the the next font.

    Not many fonts carry greek symbols, but Times New Roman has a very large selection.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm in reply to: How to achive the Mystery Science theatre efect

    The “fill” effect, then you change the color to black.

    Course I’m just giving you one recipe for creating silhouettes, probably a 100 different ways to accomplish that type of look.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2011 at 7:33 pm in reply to: How to achive the Mystery Science theatre efect

    In the show, I assumed they were shot in front of a green screen and then composited over the footage. Just add a generate > fill and change the color to black and you should be good to go.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Having trouble with keeping vectors sharp

    If you collect, save and upload the files(just the stuff that’s essential), I’ll open the project up and take a quick look and see if I can figure out the issue.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2011 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Masking footage with keyed alpha channel

    Apply your effects first. Now choose your layer and under “Layer” choose precompose “shift+cntl+c”(PC), now you can apply your mask.

    Another method would be to create a layer(solid) over your effected layer, add a mask to that layer and change your effected layers Track Matte to alpha.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 322 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy