Forum Replies Created

Page 321 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Reducing video file size

    You don’t say what codecs you can use, but if I’m uploading something to the web, and I want good quality and size I’ll render to an H.264.

    Usually looks great and has small file sizes. Render a lossless codec like animation and then open media encoder and find a H.264 preset.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 28, 2011 at 4:34 pm in reply to: Effects with text

    Gotcha, wasn’t sure if you were inquiring about how the text moved with the camera(matchmoving) or the text builds themselves.

    Those text builds can be accomplished in multipe ways, probably the easiest and most straight forward are the animation presets in AE. You type in your text, set it the way you want it to look after it builds on and then apply a preset.

    Some links to Adobe on presets:
    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS470222D1-4767-478c-8F52-649C4E3FE941a.html

    Animation text presets(the animate in section will take care of nearly everything you see in your example video)

    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS725e431141e7ba651172e0811e19240097-8000.html#WSb6645be97d73f5fd1172e0811e1d56b97f-8000

    Basic Text tutorial with animation presets from VideoCopilot.net:
    https://www.videocopilot.net/basic/tutorials/08.Titles/

    Creative Cow tutorial on preset basics:
    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/devis_andrew/presets/video-tutorial

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm in reply to: Effects with text

    If you are talking about the match moving there are many tutorials that cover that topic.
    this one covers a bit of it, using only AE tools.

    https://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/vfx/walking-through-3d-text-ae-premium/

    And here’s a link to a collection of matchmoving tutorials.

    https://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/26-tracking-and-3d-matchmoving-plus-after-effects-tutorials/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Video Banding

    When I think of video banding, it’s usually when I create a gradient like in the examples here (just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing):

    If the video is for HD delivery, Kevin Camp’s offered a recipe that has worked well for me in the past.

    as for banding, you can usually add an adjustment layer with the noise effect on it. it shouldn’t take much noise (less that 5%) to hide the banding.

    Roland Kahlenberg offers some notes if for web delivery.

    Blurring one or more of the color channels does a better job for reducing or eliminating banding problems. Adding noise more to a comp which may be destined for Web delivery will only result in a poorer quality web version as compressors usually have a harder time compressing noise.

    Use Effect>Channel Blur and increase one of the values to solve your problem. You can tell which channel needs more attention by looking at the individual color channels in the Comp Panel prior to applying Channel Blur.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • did the alt + ] and [ …. do you just press the alt and ] buttons?

    Yes, just the alt and [ button to set the in-point of a layer, and the close point for the out-point.

    Also when I tried to render the master composition, the audio was out of wack..

    I’m going to just use Dave LaRonde’s answer:
    Mp3 audio, that’s what. AE does not like compressed audio in any way, shape or form. It never has worked well with it. Perhaps it never will. You need to convert it — plus any other types of compressed audio files — to either wav or aiff files.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 23, 2011 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Connecting a spinning globe with an Earth zoom

    Michael Park made a nice tutorial for creating a 3d earth. I think if you used his method for the cloud layer, you could position it over your country for the zoom. Giving you a frame or 2 of white or near white to cut the 2nd portion.

    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/park_michael/3d_Earth.php

    Perhaps layering some more clouds like Andrew Kramer does in his Earth Zoom tutorial might be effective also.

    https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm in reply to: Jittery titles HD

    My better way is to do them on my Avid, which seems to provide a better credit roll than AE(common problem, that’s why there are so many threads about creating smooth credit rolls)

    Here’s a link to what adobe has to say about credit rolls:

    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS9F23D67B-B5B7-
    4c70-B66E-3E13F7B5C317a.html

    You could try the autoscroll preset. Another thing to do is apply the “reduce interlace flicker” effect. It applies a very small vertical blur, sometimes that will do the trick.

    Good luck, I know the challenge of trying to come up with a good credit roll recipe.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 23, 2011 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Jittery titles HD

    rate = 2; //value in px/sec.
    if (marker.numKeys > 0){
    if (time > marker.key(1).time){
    value - [0,rate*timeToFrames(time-marker.key(1).time)];
    }else{
    value;
    }
    }else{
    value - [0,rate*timeToFrames(time-inPoint)];
    }

    You want to copy this expression, now twirl down your credits layer and open up the position property. Now press “alt” and click the stopwatch. That opens up the expression editor. Overwrite what’s there and paste the expression into the blank field.

    “rate = 2; //value in px/sec.”
    The top line of the expression controls the speed…ie rate. Adjusting the number(2) to a higher number will increase the speed of your credits. Too high and you will get jitter again, so try and keep it slow, particularily since you are using 24p.

    Personally I find 24p to be bothersome as almost all fast movement just looks strobed to my eyes, just my 2 cents though.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I downloaded Andrews project and noticed he built that in AE 8.0.

    When I play with the layer with Particle World I get a popup asking me “Convert Old Particle Settings, Yes or No”. I’m thinking this might be an issue with AE and 64 bit, cause I changed the display options and nothing seemed to work and never got the grid and camera to work in my version(CS5.5). Using one of the camera tools, gives me an outline, but never the grid.

    Also when starting from scratch I can’t get it to work. So just so you know it’s not you, looks like it’s just a issue for now.

    One thing you could do is make a new solid, apply the grid effect, turn it to 3d and rotate 90 degrees on the x axis. Now move the postion to approximately where the grid is for particle world.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 23, 2011 at 12:40 pm in reply to: Jittery titles HD

    Video at 24p is just in the range where things can look jittery no matter what you do.

    I found this thread that I think will be helpful:
    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/978943#981793

    The important part is what Dave posting of the expression Kevin made. Paste the expression into your position of the psd and adjust the expression rate.

    rate = 2; //value in px/sec.
    if (marker.numKeys > 0){
    if (time > marker.key(1).time){
    value - [0,rate*timeToFrames(time-marker.key(1).time)];
    }else{
    value;
    }
    }else{
    value - [0,rate*timeToFrames(time-inPoint)];
    }

    just position the roll where you want it to start and it will march up the screen at the rate that you set. even rate values should be used if you are rendering to an interlaced format, and if you set the rate too high the roll will appear kind of strobe-like.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 321 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy