Forum Replies Created

Page 220 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 30, 2013 at 9:39 pm in reply to: How to make this ‘trail’ effect?

    Maybe there is a plugin, but it looks like you could accomplish that with multiple layers, offset the position and play with the opacity & perhaps change the faded layers blending mode(screen?)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 30, 2013 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Tips on doing a 3d camera fly-by

    For doing this, I use null controlled camera rig based off of this tutorial: Simple Camera Rig

    Andrew Davis also has a good 3 part series on the subject of AE cameras and creating a very similar rig: Animating a Camera 1

    Both of those tutorials explain some of the issues you will encounter when using AE cameras.

    Another option is to use Video Copilot Sure Target, it won’t really teach you about why cameras behave the way they do, bit it’s a pretty nifty little plugin that will automatically get you from 1 video to the other. It’s a lot more limiting than if you keyframed everything with a regular camera.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm in reply to: Comp won’t render out Rotobrush shots

    Rotobrush really saves time, but it definitely has a learning curve. That link above is a pretty comprehensive tutorial on how to use it and it’s feature. If you have the 25 minutes, it’s well worth checking out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 30, 2013 at 2:04 pm in reply to: Comp won’t render out Rotobrush shots

    When you finished using the rotobrush, did you press the “freeze” button in the layer window?

    AfterEffects CS5: RotoBrush

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm in reply to: Keying out black background

    It looks like you have quite a bit of contrast around the hand and should be able to use the autotrace to create a mask around the hand. I would use that as a top bottom layer, maybe doing a 30 pixel negative expansion on the mask. Then do your normal key on the bottom layer.

    The alternative is to roto and nobody wants that…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 28, 2013 at 12:57 pm in reply to: How can i do these effects.

    Glad I could help, if you have more specific questions, come back and we will try to figure them out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2013 at 10:46 pm in reply to: CC Sphere not working

    Glad you got it worked out and we were able to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2013 at 10:46 pm in reply to: How To Animate Drawings Like In These Videos

    In the first video you could achieve that look using shape layers(which have a wiggle paths options) that will get you really close to this look. But this isn’t a plugin you just drop over it, it’s a time consuming process where you would draw on a shape, animate the path of that shape to mimic the video, then add the “wiggle paths” to the shape(perhaps adjusting the wiggle to your taste

    there are quite a few tutorials on shape layers here: After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

    The second video, if you are referring to the trumpets, looks like pretty much the same effect, cept they traced some clip art and then animated the shape layer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2013 at 8:23 pm in reply to: How do I do this?!

    Seems you are pretty new to AE. I’d suggest you take a look at the Basic Training over at VideoCopilot. Couple of the lessons deal with titles.

    After you familiarize with the basics, do a search over there for titles…he’s has some really cool tutorials on that, and lots of other stuff.

    Here’s some more links with free training:
    Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2013 at 8:20 pm in reply to: CC Sphere not working

    What Visesh means is you need use a precomp to do this. Drag your map on to the make new comp icon in the project panel. Now place your videos over the map, spacing them out in the timeline. Press “Cntl+K” and rename this comp “Map Precomp”

    Now make a make a new composition “Final” with your final dimensions. Take “Map Precomp” and drop it into your final composition. Now apply the CC Sphere effect to the “Map Precomp” layer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 220 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy