Forum Replies Created

Page 221 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2013 at 2:49 am in reply to: Animating specific still objects in photos?

    The trick to extract your foreground elements, in your case rose petals, and then create/fill in the holes you’ve made. In AE that would mean using basically using the clone tool to use other parts of the photo to fill in the areas. If you use photoshop you can use a “content aware” fill, to accomplish this.

    Here is a tutorial from video copilot that goes into detail on the entire process(though it’s for creating a 2.5D image). Virtual 3D Photos

    And here’s a tutorial/overview on content aware fill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIm3cH7RQzU

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    January 26, 2013 at 3:17 pm in reply to: How can i do these effects.

    Black room looks to be a practical(shot that way) effect. It’s a black room with a strong back light and a very focused key light. Keylight looks to be placed nearly above him, putting him in a pool of light. If you had to I supposed you could green screen him with a strong back light to give him good separation and put him in a black room in post. But doing it on location is always the better option.

    As far as the bouncing text, you do that by just packing keyframes really close together with sporadic positions. The trail is achieved by enabling the motion blur buttons.

    To get the extreme motion blur, press “cntl + K” to open up your comp settings, switch to the advance tab and crank the shutter angle up to 720 degrees.
    Here’s a quick sample project demonstrating motion blur: 5315_motionblurontext.aep.zip

    Since you are probably starting out with AE, I strongly suggest you take a look at Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6). #4 has great links to 3 sets of tutorials for the video learning AE.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 25, 2013 at 8:53 pm in reply to: CS6: How do I snap the playhead to markers?

    Hold down the shift key while moving the CTI(current time indicator)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 25, 2013 at 4:45 pm in reply to: How much would you charge for this?

    You should take this to the business and marketing forum. They can help you consider all your costs, computer, overhead…

    You might not want to bill it hourly, but you need to figure out how many hours you are going to invest in this, designing the characters, animation, revisions, narration, editing the narration. Just my opinion, but 600-800 seems way low(that’s about 900-1200 US$). If someone designed the characters for me(in layers preferably), 16 hours would be a pretty low estimate to get something like that pulled off, but I think that’s more of 24-30 hour project for 1:30 in animation.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • It looks good, but now I would like to keep changing the colors at the sametime as the fold up keeps happening.

    Are these random color changes, or is there a specific color pattern you need. Need some more detail about the color before a script/expression can be written.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2013 at 7:25 pm in reply to: Retro close a mask or combine masks

    Glad you figured it out…sorry about not adding the path.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2013 at 6:07 pm in reply to: Retro close a mask or combine masks

    That’s really strange, cause I was using CS6 to make sure that would work. Are you trying to connect mask 1 to 2, cause I don’t think that would work, but I know you can go back and close an open mask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2013 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Retro close a mask or combine masks

    Open the layer, select the mask and all the points should be selected. Select the point from where you want to continue from(I use shift to deselect it, then select it to get the other points unselected) press “G” to get your pen tool and start adding points again.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2013 at 3:49 pm in reply to: Transition from several windows|Quads turning randomly

    You could build this in a 3D app, but unless you could create a very reasonable copy using After Effects. Using the card wipe, bevel and drop shadow, I made a pretty comparable effect. The trick to creating the “randomness” for the card wipe is by using a gradient layer to drive the effect. By creating a precomp that contained fractal noise with the contrast turned way up, you get the random card flipping. Card wipe has built in lighting to provide highlights…it doesn’t create shadows though. In the transition, they had the video stay in the back as it flipped, so I changed the ambient light to 1, to match the video.

    Another thing I did was scale everything up to 102% to hide the bevel. If you scale down to 100% you would see it around the edge of the screen and you don’t want that.

    Here’s a quick project I created, it should give you a nice starting point, if you have any questions let me know: 5284_cardwipetransitionfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 22, 2013 at 9:50 pm in reply to: Bourne Legacy Trailer Transition.

    Probably a preset, not one I have(so I can’t help you out there), but you could create that with Animatte pretty quickly.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 221 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy