Forum Replies Created

Page 222 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 22, 2013 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Text reveal – up then down

    The term for this is called “overshoot”, so if you want to explore other options, that’s what you are looking for.

    You can do it with a couple of text animators, one for up and one for down. Here’s a quick little project I made. I just offset the “start” position and the “upper” to create the bounce Take a look at the project and if you have any questions, let me know.

    5278_textanimators.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 22, 2013 at 7:16 pm in reply to: how do i mask a moving object

    Agree with everything Dave said, Roto is tough, tedious and time-consuming work

    One more little piece of advice, if you have to roto and you can afford it, get a Wacom tablet. Takes a few days to get used to it, but it really helps with the fine detail work you will encounter when roto-scoping.

    Get back to us if you have any specific questions and Good Luck.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 21, 2013 at 10:59 pm in reply to: how do i mask a moving object

    First off, if you have one of the newer versions of AE(CS5+) you should be using the rotobrush tool to isolate a person from a background.


    AfterEffects CS5: RotoBrush

    But if you want to use the Mask tool, once you create the first mask, you need to keyframe the “Mask Path” by pressing the stopwatch icon. If you don’t see mask path right now, select your layer and press “M” that will twirl open the mask path properties.

    If you are just starting with AE you really should check out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6). I would suggest you run through the Video Copilot Basic training at a minimum which you will find on that page.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2013 at 4:06 pm in reply to: how to generate this effect??

    You need to do a good motion on track on the hands first then pin the video to points on the hands. I imagine that tracks were generated using Mocha.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Newbie question..what is this effect even called!?

    I concur that is accomplished without the use of any effects. A great link for when you are getting started is: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6)

    Todd Kopriva(from Adobe) collected and organized a lot of tutorials and information to help people advance through AE.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2013 at 2:33 pm in reply to: advice for working with audio real-time

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2013 at 2:31 pm in reply to: Making Particular 3D

    Always happy to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm in reply to: Long distance 3D pan on video footage

    I downloaded the video from youtube, watched it frame by frame and I don’t have a clue how that was pulled off. You might want to try and contact some of the people associated with the production, there are a few emails listed at the end of the video.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Why are my images all pixely when i zoom in?

    So I’ve got some images I’ve taken from photoshop (1920×1080), but when I import them into ae and zoom in to their faces, they look all 8-bit. I need smooth, clear lines at any resolution.

    If these are bitmap images the images will degrade as you zoom in. AE has to interpolate what the image should look like based on the pixels and as you zoom an area of say 200×200 pixels to 1000×1000 you will get a worse image.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2013 at 3:16 pm in reply to: Long distance 3D pan on video footage

    Timecode please—it really helps when you include that, most of us don’t have the time to watch 8 minutes of video to find one effect.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 222 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy