Forum Replies Created

Page 219 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2013 at 2:16 pm in reply to: How to get this animation effect.

    Since Vishesh answered the precomp/duplication question, just have to say, glad we could help. Good luck on your project.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2013 at 4:48 am in reply to: How to get this animation effect.

    If you set up your keyframes close together with quick motion and enable both motion blur toggles, then it would be because you don’t have your shuttle angle set high enough. Press Cntl+K to open your comp settings, click the advance tab and change the shuttle angle from the default of 180 to 720.

    Adobe Help on Motion Blur

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2013 at 1:22 am in reply to: best way to wrap a still of sky around 360

    Couple of ways to do this. If you are working CS6 you can create an environment layer. Press Cntl+K and click the advance tab and change your Renderer to Ray Traced 3D. Drop the layer into your comp, right click on the layer and choose environment layer.

    Or Create a new comp and add a camera. Drag in your layer and go to Effects>Perspective>CC Environment.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2013 at 1:04 am in reply to: Illustrator trasform effect in After Effects

    You can replicate this effect in AE by using the shape tool and by adding a repeater to it. To recreate what was there, create a new composition. In your tools, go to the polygon tool and create a shape layer. The polygon shape starts with 5 points, so twirl open “Polystar 1”, twirl open “Polystar Path 1” and change the points to 6. If you have fill turned on either delete the Fill or change it’s opacity to 0.

    Now click the “Add” flyout and choose “Repeater”. Twirl open the repeater properties and twirl open “Transform: Repeater 1” Change the “Position” to 0,0. Change the copies to 10. Increase the scale(in my example I used 105%). Now you can use the rotation to get the cool designs.

    Take a look at this example project. 5355_shaperepeater.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think the problem is in your initial video interpretation. Go to your project panel, right click on the video and select “interpret footage” > “main”. If your original footage was HD and interlaced, for Fields and Pulldown, try setting the field to upper first.

    If you are rendering to for computer playback, for the “Render Settings” make sure you are set to “Best Settings”. This will render without fields.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2013 at 9:44 pm in reply to: How to get this animation effect.

    Always happy to lend a hand. As to your question, you need to change your bit depth to access the High Dynamic Range(HDR). There is an icon at the bottom of the project panel(to the right of the make new comp icon) and by default it will be 8 bpc(bits per channel). By holding down Alt+clicking it you can increase the bit depth to 32bpc.

    Here’s the Adobe page on Bit Depth

    and here’s a tutorial from VideoCoPilot on HDR. 11. Introduction to HDR & 32bpc

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2013 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Change Comp Timeout on Multiple Comps

    Probably the quickest way to extend multiple comps & nested comps is to use a script. Either of these will work for you:

    rdCompSetter

    Christopher Green’s “Selected Comps Changer”.jsx

    Walter Soyka talks about the second one in this thread.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • That’s not aliasing, it’s interlacing, it looks like you have interpreted your video incorrectly. So first what type of video are you using, size, codec, frame rate and just as importantly what is to be the final destination of this video and the delivery specs.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2013 at 2:19 pm in reply to: How to get this animation effect.

    I’m not sure if that’s a plugin, but I did a little messing around with this and one way you can achieve this look is to work in 32 bit mode and using motion blur. First you would set your colors to over 1(1 is full white). So your RGB would be something like R=1.5, G=1, B=3. When the text is stationary it would look white, but when it moves the colors would show up in the blurs and streaks.

    To achieve multiple colors you would need to duplicate the layer, change the color and then blend them using a transfer mode.

    I made a quick example file so you could see this in action. If you have any questions, let me know.

    5348_blurwithcolor.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2013 at 12:36 pm in reply to: Digital counter

    Here’s an expression I modified from the book After Effects Expressions

    If you are unfamiliar with expressions, what you want to do is create a new text layer (shift+cntl+alt+T) and twirl open the properties to reveal the source text. Alt+click the Source Text stopwatch and paste this expression:

    var startingHour = 10;
    var startingMinute = 59;
    var startingSecond = 4;
    var seconds = Math.floor(time) + startingSecond;
    var minutes = Math.floor(seconds / 60) + startingMinute;
    var hours = Math.floor(minutes/60) +startingHour;
    var secondsAsPartsOfAMinute = Math.floor(seconds % 60);
    var minutesPerHour=Math.floor(minutes % 60);
    function addZeros(rawNumber)
    {
    if (rawNumber < 10) return "0" + rawNumber;
    return "" + rawNumber;
    }
    addZeros(hours)+ ":" + addZeros(minutesPerHour) + ":" + addZeros(secondsAsPartsOfAMinute);

    With this expression you can set your starting time by chaning the “starting” variables. Just in case anything was unclear, here’s my work file: 5347_timer.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 219 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy