Forum Replies Created

Page 206 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 19, 2013 at 11:59 am in reply to: Particular emitter following path

    Have you tried using the world transform properties?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Always glad to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Maybe I didn’t explain it well, take a look at this project and see if it helps you understand what I was saying: 5675_waves.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I’d render out my rotoscope first(prerender) then bring that in for the echo treatment…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I’m not sure why you can’t move your stroke/mask down so this doesn’t happen. But here’s a workaround, create a solid, the same color as your wave, place it below the wave and mask off the top part.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm in reply to: Free mocha Pro Training Webinar (21st March)

    Looks like the v3 Pro link is missing Roland.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm in reply to: How to unwrap a layer

    In that video, it looks like the was duplicated multiple times and each layer was masked to create 1 piece of paper—each layer is one fold. Then the anchor points are moved to the fold line and rotate some in 3D space. Add some lights to give it some shadowing & falloff and you are done.

    Another method would be to purchase 3D layer warps from Zaxwerks. Here’s a tutorial showing a little of what it can do: https://library.creativecow.net/articles/okerstrom_jon/3d_warps.php

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 18, 2013 at 3:21 pm in reply to: Invert mask points order?

    You can change the way the letters draw by animating the stroke “start” or “end”. This will reverse how it’s drawn on. If you start with both set at 100% animate the start down, it will reverse how the stroke comes on. If you’re doing lots of text though, you would have to individually animate layers and layers for each letter, so that’s not optimal.

    A more elegant solution would be to get the ReverseMaskPath from AE Scripts

    I used the script in this project: 5665_reversemaskpath.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 16, 2013 at 8:17 pm in reply to: 3D particles in After effects

    Looks like a combination of Element 3D and Plexus. Both sites have tutorials on how to use both products.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 16, 2013 at 6:55 pm in reply to: Crowd Scene

    I saved back to a CS5 version, if it helps.

    5656_copyofparticleworld2cs5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 206 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy