Forum Replies Created

Page 205 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 21, 2013 at 2:27 pm in reply to: Preserving an Alpha Channel in an Animation

    You should be able to do what you want. I dont’ dynamically link much(use an Avid), but if I remember correctly, you need to save your AE project, open premiere, then open the AE Project/Comp using Bridge.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm in reply to: Preserving an Alpha Channel in an Animation

    Do you have transparency now(click the checkerboard under the comp window)?

    If you do then you need to render out file that supports transparency, like QT_Animation & specify that you want an alpha channel to be exported. For a QT, send your file to the render queue, and change the click on “Lossless”, select Quicktime(change the codec to animation) and change your video output > Channels to RGB + Alpha.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 21, 2013 at 1:12 pm in reply to: Stained Glass-like filter with definable cells

    Could you use a combination of Generate – Cells + Colorama? There are different patterns for cells, but for exactly generating them, I don’t think you can exactly define the shapes.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 21, 2013 at 11:24 am in reply to: Animating through Z axis

    Generally I find it is easier to animate the camera as you are dealing with one object to animate rather than multiples. Also when you animate the camera, you can bank, zoom, adjust focus and rotate, whereas if you wanted to simulate that by animating your objects to the camera would take keyframes/parenting for every single object.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You need to turn on the continuous rasterization button for the layer, it’s the one that looks like a little sunburst.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 20, 2013 at 12:56 pm in reply to: Invert mask points order?

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 20, 2013 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Timebar resize problem

    Clicked the link, and it’s a slip edit, not a slide. I always mix up those two terms.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 19, 2013 at 9:25 pm in reply to: Timebar resize problem

    Along with what Rob said, that funny cursor indicates, that you can slide that particular layer. Move the Current Time Indicator(CTI) into the middle of that layer, select the layer.and hit the “*” key on the number keypad. Now hover over the blank area and move back and forth. You will sliede your layer, but the in and outpoints stay the same.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 19, 2013 at 5:38 pm in reply to: How to stop the two-tone, dark yellow bar?

    You didn’t upload the image. Upload it please just we know we are all talking about the same thing. Thanks.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm in reply to: How to stop the two-tone, dark yellow bar?

    Unless I miss my guess, that bar is the render current frame progress bar. Lower your working resolution and the bar will go away quicker.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 205 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy