Forum Replies Created

Page 207 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm in reply to: Crowd Scene

    Check out the tutorial from Red Giant, Episode 25: Creating a Crowd Scene with Particular 2 and replace Particular with CC Particle World

    I took the RedGiant tutorial and modified it using, Particle World(also left the particular version there too) and that should give you a pretty good starting point: 5655_25particlecrowdproject.zip

    The real difference between the two is particular will react better to AE’s 3D(lights and DOF) and that’s hard to fake with Particle World. Download the trial version of Particular, to see the difference between the two.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm in reply to: Continuous drop shadow

    There are a lot of different ways to do this, here are a couple to get you started.

    You could use the effect – Perspective > Drop Shadow and set the distance to 0 and just increase the softness to get the desired effect.

    Another method would be to go to Layer > Layer Styles and apply the Photoshop drop shadow on to your layer and adjust to taste. Also you could just use the outer glow effect.

    You could also use a stroke on your text/object layers by using 2 layers. Add a stroke to the bottom layer and blur that. But if you are making a lot of changes, you will want to figure out precomps, parenting and some expressions, so that when you make a change to your master layer, it updates your blur layer.

    I made a simple example project that should help you determine a method that will work for you: 5654_centereddropshadow.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 16, 2013 at 12:36 pm in reply to: Rendering a comp whilst keeping all clips separate

    Glad we could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 4:44 pm in reply to: Source Text Expression for Subtitles

    You might want to post this on the AE expressions forum, there are a couple of guys who read that forum regularly(they sometimes miss things on this forum) who might be able to help you out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Whooshes

    It looks like you would take your vector art and change it into masks or shapes. Then you would animate the path from a simple path to it’s final shape. Just don’t delete any vertices when doing it. AE will interpolate from the simple shape to the final shape.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Rendering a comp whilst keeping all clips separate

    Take a look at this script: Render Layers

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Having issues with alpha channels

    If you are using a flare(AE flare?) they don’t have alpha channels, but you can create one for it and there are different ways to do that. The easiest, IMO, is unmult, a free plugin from Red Giant. In conjuction with a levels effect applied to the alpha channel(sometimes this isn’t even needed) you can get an alpha with anything over black.

    make sure you select the correct one for your operating system, 32 or 64 bit.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 11:44 am in reply to: Jittery/Choppy Playback after Interpretation

    FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn’t it play back smoothly in a media player?

    If you are using a lossless codec, it actually takes a pretty beefy machine to play video smoothly. Another codec you might consider using are the Avid DNxHD, great looking and pretty good playback.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 1:53 am in reply to: 3D light string

    This tutorial might help: 102. Smoke Trails

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 15, 2013 at 1:49 am in reply to: 2D Edit.

    Ask the guys in the Cinema 4D forum. But couldn’t you create a movie, create an object in C4D, create a material and add the movie to the color channel of the material?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 207 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy