Forum Replies Created

Page 208 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 14, 2013 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Why is my text gritty in ray traced comp?

    At what level have you set the ray-tracing quality? To check that, click the box under the comp window with a lighting bolt and select renderer options

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 14, 2013 at 2:05 pm in reply to: Moths landing onto screen: particular?

    Just my opinion, but I think you would find Trapcode Form an easier way to go about attempting this project. Check out some of the tutorials over at Redgiant, Text to Sand should give you a good starting place, change the particles to custom particles and some manipulation of the layer maps should do the trick.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Another method you could have use(if you need to do this in the future) is the Crop to Region of Interest. Select the Region of Interest(ROI) button under your comp window(next to the Full/Half/Quarter Resolution Toggle) and make your ROI the gadget. Then under the composition tab, choose Crop Comp to Region of Interest, press Cntl+K to get the dimensions, and a cntl+z to return to your regular comp size.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 10:27 pm in reply to: objects orbit but maintain vertical orientation

    Glad you got it worked out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 8:47 pm in reply to: New client question

    Not a problem, hope they can help you out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 8:45 pm in reply to: text switch

    Hope that helped.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm in reply to: alt+p for keyframe position not working

    I think I’ve tried every combination on a PC and the other way to get it to work as it should is alt+shift+(T,R,P,A,S)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 2:29 pm in reply to: alt+p for keyframe position not working

    On a PC(CS6), nothing happens with shift+(transform property), shift+alt+(transform property) does set at keyframe at the CTI

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 2:37 am in reply to: Is this After Effects?

    I have two thoughts on this, the first they foreground clouds are fake: 3D Camera tracked video layer(creating 3D camera), 3D text, 3D fake clouds layer.

    The other thought 3D tracked video layer, 3D text and another layer of the same video, with just the clouds(using masks). Because the clouds are white and the text is white, if you didn’t have a perfect mask, it would be pretty hard to tell.

    That video BTW has some great looking footage…WOW

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2013 at 12:50 am in reply to: alt+p for keyframe position not working

    Glad we could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 208 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy