Forum Replies Created

Page 128 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm in reply to: Random fade error

    Try posting this in the AE Expressions Forum, probably get a quicker response.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 13, 2014 at 8:46 pm in reply to: Fold a text wingding

    I would duplicate the layer, split it half and animate both sides to get it to flap.

    here’s an older tutorial, showing the basic technique: https://layersmagazine.com/animated-butterfly-in-after-effects.html

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • There are some effects that can be driven by audio, and for those I might bring a scratch track into my AE timeline. Most of the time though, I work out my audio elsewhere and just make timecode notes and do it that way.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • AE is for compositing, not audio editing. Create your effects/composites in AE and do the audio edit in another program, and then edit them together for your final. That’s the normal workflow 99.9% of the time.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 12, 2014 at 2:43 am in reply to: Masks – why does it move with layer

    Shape layers and text layers work differently than other layers in AE. Create a solid above your shape layer, mask it, then change the track matte of the shape layer to alpha matte and animate the shape layer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Well if you precomp your map-you could do some transitions in the precomp-then apply CC sphere to that precomp. A wipe might be a little bit more dramatic, or maybe even a CC Light Wipe.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 11, 2014 at 2:45 am in reply to: Rainbow light

    Glad to help out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 11, 2014 at 2:24 am in reply to: Text appearing from behind object

    Glad we were able to help you out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 11, 2014 at 2:24 am in reply to: Why does AE import all my images ?

    Glad I was able to help out

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 10, 2014 at 5:41 pm in reply to: Squeeze shapes like we do Photoshop

    Effects – Distort > Bezier Warp, is the closest to that, but there aren\’t presets like in PS.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 128 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy