Forum Replies Created

Page 127 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 16, 2014 at 12:32 pm in reply to: Transcoding Issue, Perhaps Encoding

    I’m not sure what you mean “go HD”, but on my computer, I expanded it to full screen, hit play and it switched to HD right as the countdown hit 5.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 16, 2014 at 3:35 am in reply to: Fold a text wingding

    You know, I was was wondering if there was a lighting issue, but didn’t think of shading. glad you worked it out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Fold a text wingding

    If it’s not too much trouble create a reduced project-just the final comp with trapcode particular, the precomp and the butterfly asset. Run a collect files, save your comp as a CS6 version or earlier, zip the folder up and upload it here—using the last icon in the reply dialogue and I’ll check it out tonight.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 15, 2014 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Fold a text wingding

    If I understand correctly, you created your butterfly animation, it’s in a precomp and it has color, correct? From here with particular under Particle, you want to choose “Particle Type” > “Textured Polygon”. that should get you using the layer from your precomp with the exact colors.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 15, 2014 at 5:18 pm in reply to: Camera parented to Null not moving

    I think your camera has the Point of Interest turned on, which is the point of using a Null. If you turn the view to the top view and press AA, you will see the point of interest and can move it around(just for future reference). What you need to do is select the camera, press “cntl+alt+o” and turn the Auto Orientation to “Off”.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 15, 2014 at 3:18 pm in reply to: After Effects

    It’s not the easiest program to learn, but has massive training resources available. Integration with other adobe products & Cinema4D is great, huge benefit. On the downside, I’m not a fan of Creative Cloud, but that’s a whole different can of worms.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 15, 2014 at 12:25 pm in reply to: How do i chroma key with a black background?

    Along with Extract, you might want to try the Luma Key effect or the free Unmult Plugin.

    Unmult’s was created for creating alpha channels for Knoll lens flares, it just drops out black and creates an alpha. Generally when I used it, I would add a levels effect after it, switch to the alpha channel and crush the blacks and increase the whites a little more to strengthen the alpha.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 14, 2014 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Rotate word per character

    If you don’t need the extra overshoot at the end of the rotation you can accomplish that quickly by using text animators. Create your text, open it up and under “Animate” select “Enable per character 3D”. Twirl open the animator and under “Add” choose scale. Twirl open the Range Selector & Advance and choose “Subtract”. Set the X and Z rotation to -45 and the scale to 0. Now set keyframes from 0 to 100 for the “End” property of the range selector.

    Here’s an example file: 6991_textrotation.aep.zip

    To learn more about Text Animators, check out these tutorials: After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis, down towards the bottom.

    For more complex animations that can include Over shoot, check out Amortype 2.0

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 14, 2014 at 4:56 pm in reply to: How to get this particular transition

    It looks like the effect Transition > CC Grid Wipe using the Doors shape. Try that effect and come back if you have any particular issues.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 14, 2014 at 12:33 pm in reply to: Fold a text wingding

    Glad to help, hope it turns out great!

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 127 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy