Forum Replies Created

Page 126 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 22, 2014 at 12:49 pm in reply to: Linear Wipe

    I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish, some kind of easing like when the word Liar comes in? If that’s it, check Ease and Wizz from AE scripts, that makes some nicer easing.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I have custom particles of fat cells that I am trying to make evaporate or burn up after a certain interval of time. Does anyone know settings I could use to achieve this in Trapcode Particular?

    I would make a custom particle that evaporated after a specific time and for the Time Sampling set it to “Start at Birth – Play Once”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 21, 2014 at 2:52 am in reply to: Adding Effect to white Solid

    If you sample the white bar, it’s not pure white. I was able to recreate that effect using 2 instances of CC Light Sweep. You could easily sweep the effect across the border, if you wanted with couple of keyframes and an expression picking the Center from one effect to the other with a bit of an offset.

    7025_whiteedgesfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 21, 2014 at 2:27 am in reply to: twisting line formation problems

    Here’s a method that will get you pretty close using Trapcode Stroke. Create a solid, and make a simple sine wave mask path. Add stroke and turn on the repeater. Make the instances 20, Make the Z displacement 0,X displacement 24, X rotation 3, Y rotation .5. Enable taper. Animate the X transformations a few degrees. Add a camera, attach it to a 3d null and rotate the null 360 degrees on X.

    Here’s a sample project. 7024_twistylinefolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You can’t assign to different layers control the particles in particular(Colors and emission). You will need to combine in a precomp per kevin’s suggestion.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm in reply to: noisy video after color correction

    You are going to need to provide more information. How are you going about your color correction, what effects are you using. A screen capture could be helpful too.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Couple of different things you can search for to find this effect, 2.5d, or “the kids stays in the picture” effect(Name of a movie that popularized the technique). The effect is done by masking out the different elements, building and filling in the background for the parts masked out, then layering/rescaling them in Z space. You can help yourself out by finding photos that have good layering that’s easy to separate. Also photos where filling in the background isn’t going to be hard will help too.

    Here are some tutorials.
    Virtual 3D Photos
    127. The Jungle

    Google Search on Kid Stays in the Picture effect

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2014 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Updating an Existing PreComp?

    In the project panel you would duplicate the precomp and rename. For complicated animations, with precomps within precomps when you need to make duplicates—check out True Comp Duplicator

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2014 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Text shadow levels AE – AVID MC7

    Import as RGB and it will come in correctly.

    Or, go to your project settings, change the working space to HDTV(REC. 709) 16-235 and check Linearize Working Space and import as 601-701.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 16, 2014 at 6:45 pm in reply to: Transcoding Issue, Perhaps Encoding

    That is not happening when I view the video. Looks compressed, but that’s youtube.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 126 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy