Forum Replies Created

Page 129 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2014 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Rainbow light

    It’s old damaged film. Check out some of these threads for different ways of creating it, a few have links to free film burn files you can download.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1045116#1045124

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/930950#1039521

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm in reply to: Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6

    Glad I could help. Definitely, check out the stuff on text animators, they are really powerful and you can create some awesome animations with them. Also, if you check look on the Menu Bar > Animation > Browse Presets and click the Text folder, you can browse through the presets that Adobe ships with AE.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2014 at 2:20 pm in reply to: Random Opacity Characters After Effects CS6

    You need to add an opacity text animator to to your text. Create your text, and twirl open the properties, click the “animate” pulldown and choose opacity. Change the opacity to 0. Twirl open the advanced properties, and change the mode to “Subtract” and randomize order to “On” Twirl open the Range Selector. Animate the “End” selector from 0 to 100%.

    You can find a ton of great info on Text Animators in After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 6, 2014 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Noob question about extrusion

    The closest effect/plugin that does what you are trying to accomplish, I believe would either shape shifter or free form pro from Mettle. Just a heads-up though, those products require more than a basic understand of AE, particularly you need to understand how displacement maps work. They have some very good tutorials on there website, check those out.

    I’m not sure if the offer trial versions.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Why does AE import all my images ?

    When you open the import dialogue make sure the footage isn’t being imported as a sequence, there is a little checkbox in the bottom left corner—uncheck that.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 5, 2014 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Cut Outs in After Effects

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 4, 2014 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Cut Outs in After Effects

    Gavin, this is an effect that can be accomplished in a lot of different ways; masks, effects, & mattes can all be used to create this effect. Here’s one approach.

    Create a new comp and create your text. Position your text where you would like it to start. Next, press “Y” to use the anchor point tool and move your anchor point to the center of the letter “O”. Your text will scale from that center now. Press “cntl+y” to create a solid. Select the circle mask tool and make mask the solid so it is constrained by the letter “O”. Place this solid below the text layer. Parent the solid to the text layer. Now place your video as the bottom layer in your layer stack and change it’s track matte to “alpha matte”. Finally, press “s” to access the scale property of the text layer and set up a couple of scale keyframes so it scales up over the entire video screen, revealing your video layer.

    One advantage of using this method, is if you change your scale, timing or position of your text layer, because the solid is parented to it, everything adjusts with it.

    Here’s a sample project file: 6956_textwipeeffect5.5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 4, 2014 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Question

    AE doesn’t distinguish, you tell AE what to do. Generally this effect is done with a cut, sometimes hidden with a flash, puff of smoke, lens flare. Create a new composition, and add both your layers and offset them in time where you want your character to enter the scene and add any effects to cover up the cut if you that’s what you want.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Layer Bar Size Import to Project

    Duration—that makes a lot more sense. Doh!

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 9:01 pm in reply to: Chat Window Simulation

    Check out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC).

    I think if you ran yourself the links to Andrew Kramers Basic Training and maybe a little of Andrew Devis’ tutorials on shape layers, you’d be able to create a Chat Window Simulation really quick.

    After watching those tutorials if you have any specific questions-come back and ask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 129 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy