Forum Replies Created

Page 130 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Layer Bar Size Import to Project

    There is no auto resize upon import for images. When I have images that different sizes, I create an action in photoshop to resize and crop so everything will match up. Then run a Batch Automate on the folder with the images(making sure I save in a different location).

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 7:43 pm in reply to: Exposure/Whitening footage

    What kind of file is that, I can’t get it to open.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 7:41 pm in reply to: Text appearing from behind object

    IF you animate the mask path only, the text will not move, just the mask around it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm in reply to: Frame Rate for Motion Graphics

    Work in 30FPS, working in 60FPS and you will just be rendering twice as many frames and that will never be played back.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You don’t need to render out an alpha channel. Composite everything in AE. Use keylight and create a key on your green screen footage. Now just duplicate that layer and on the bottom of the 2 layers, delete the keylight effect, and now change the track matte of that layer to “alpha”. Finally drop your background to the bottom of the layer stack and render. Hope I explained that better this time.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Text appearing from behind object

    Gavin, you might also want to experiment with the linear wipe effect. You can apply that, set where you want the text to appear from by adjusting the transition completion, and then just move the text position properties.

    Also, here is a thread with a similar question that tackles the problem, and in there I included a sample project that should help you with the technique.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1038781#1038792

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • It wasn’t mentioned, but you will want to look into watch folders for Media Encoder. We have a similar situation at our office, one client needs 9 different files. I create my master, drop it into a watch folder and it automatically creates all the files I need.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 3, 2014 at 1:32 am in reply to: Frame Rate for Motion Graphics

    What’s your deliverable(ie where will it be seen). For web work, 30FPS, for broadcast I use either 720 60p.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I have that happen when I use Keylight. If you are using keylight, instead of using the final result, try using the intermediate, seems to work better when I do that.

    Another thing you can do is just take your “original” footage and drop it below the keyed footage-then just change the track matte of the original unkeyed footage to alpha matte.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 29, 2013 at 9:58 pm in reply to: Mutiple 3d mattes for a 3d layer?

    Precomp the matte layer, so they are one layer

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 130 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy