Forum Replies Created

Page 131 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm in reply to: How to move left and right in the composition panel

    Press the space bar, left click and you can reframe the work area.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 29, 2013 at 1:58 pm in reply to: How to use effect on a tracked corner pin layer ?

    After you corner pin the layer, precomp it(move all attributes into the precomp) and shatter the precomp.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Check out this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1043481#1043486

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Try just adding a Stylize Glow, change the Glow Dimensions to “Horizontal” and increase the radius to a pretty high number, and then increase the “Glow Threshold” to suit your taste. You might to experiment with the Glow Colors(changing to A&B) and try some different colors.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm in reply to: Complicated mask animation

    Using a shape layer, I made a rounded shape following the path, then created dashes inside the stroke parameter. I added a find edges effect to “stroke” it and then offset the entire animation so that it would rotate around. One issue I had was that when the dashes would go around the corner they would merge together, I was able to fix this by adding a 2nd Dash and Gap, but they only worked when both “Gaps” were 10. I’m not sure why as I don’t use shape layers that often. If you choose to pursue this as a solution, and you need to make changes, perhaps someone else will be able to help you out.

    Here’s the project I came up with, hopefully it will give you a decent starting point for your animation: 6933_dashesfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm in reply to: Masking Shapes and Moving Shapes

    Feel free to ask questions if you have any specific problems. Also here is a great resource if you are just starting out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 25, 2013 at 12:26 am in reply to: Masking Shapes and Moving Shapes

    Did you read his link, the project is available for download, i just did and he created those elements just using masks.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 23, 2013 at 5:09 pm in reply to: How remove white watermark text in Video assets?

    Legally buy the footage—don’t come here and ask questions trying to get advice on how to break the law.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Effect in video

    Lots of ways to create that, couple of places to start are to using shape layers and adding a “wiggle paths” animator. Also look at the Stylize > Roughen Edges effect. And some of that is done with old school animation.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm in reply to: How to resize a photo placeholder on a template?

    Well, I was thinking you should post your project, but actually the video did it. The layer that is creating the matte, is “shy”. Press the button above the “TrkMat” column that looks like a guy’s head peeking over a wall. That will give you access to all the layers in that comp, including the layer that is defining the matte.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 131 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy