Jerry Hofmann
Forum Replies Created
-
Well I’m really partial to AJA products. You could do fine with the LH card… if you want cross conversion though (i.e. any flavor of source video to another flavor as you capture as long as the frame rates match), you’ll want a Kona 3 (This is the best card on the planet for FCP IMHO) and you’ll need a component to SDI conversion for the analog sources. AJA’s Io LA is the ticket there I think. Never tried it, but doesn’t your digibeta have component analog in? if so, you could do the A/D conversion thru it I’ll bet.
Jerry
-
Shouldn’t be a problem… I’d perform a clean install of Tiger on your machine first though. If you did that already when you upgraded to Tiger, then you shouldn’t have a problem installing the Studio 5.1 on PPC at all… it’s “universal” code…
Jerry
-
You’re right about one thing… it’s a funky workflow. But that said, sounds like normal… i.e. you need to adjust the gammas for a PC playback… but shouldn’t have to for a DVD if color correction looks good externally on a properly setup video monitor… Course there could have been some darkening done somehow in all the dubbing you did, but I’ve never experienced a darker picture becuase of a digital generation loss (Noise? yep!) , so sort of think that isn’t what caused the problems you see.
only place I could see a real darkening injected in the dub was from the HD to DVCPRO… was it done digitally? If so, don’t think it got darker thru SDI… I suppose about anything can happen in an analog dub though…
Jerry
-
It’s not a bug… The Colorado Film School is running the same software setup on 23 machines… it works on them all.
SOOOOO that leaves this question: When’s the last time you did an erase and install of your startup disk? Sure could be time with the older Mac you’re running…
Jerry
-
Try running QuickTime 6.5.2 with FCP HD on 10.3.8. Both the updates you need are still online at Apple. Search the download area in Support, you’ll find them…
Jerry
-
Jerry Hofmann
July 12, 2006 at 2:04 am in reply to: Was a synch problem, now its probably a QT/Compressor issueGood to hear… it’s time to be saving your pennies for a new capture card… cinewave has gone the way of the do do bird I’m afraid.
Jerry
-
Must be something else unfortunately…
When’s the last time you rebuilt your startup disk? i.e. erase and install Tiger, then reinstalled all apps? If you haven’t done this in a year it’s definately time…
I’ve an article about this in the current issue of the COW magazine… go to that forum, sign up for the free subscription, and in email you’ll get a link to the PDF download of the file. The article talks about getting to then maintaining a rock solid FCP system…
Jerry
-
But the don’t remove 2:3:2:3… they only remove 2:3:3:2 as far as I know…
Jerry
-
Post more about your setup. OS? Versions of FCP and QuickTime…
Jerry