You know, at least this means they are listening (I’m remaining optimistic here). Glad to know that Apple, with it’s gaining popularity, is not a huge Ivory Tower…..yet. It seems that if they are aware and also acknowledge this problem, they might be fixing it (again, I’m trying to remain optimistic).
What about the end where they are talking about removing the subclip limits? I can’t try it myself today as the 1200s gone. It seems they want you to drag your clips into a new bin, batch redig, and then remove the subclip limits. They recommend doing this if you need to batch capture stuff that is already edited into a timeline. Not a perfect solution but a solution none the less. Better than reediting the whole piece when it’s time to go uncompressed.
Jeremy
———–
G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.02 <> Kona 2
ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre