Forum Replies Created

Page 2853 of 2910
  • What format do you normally work in?

    Why don’t you get a computer just for encoding so it’ll keep the edit stations free from processing? Optimize your settings in Compressor. Choosing single pass goes much faster than double, and there’s not much of a quality difference, especially if you are doing short pieces.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Producer wants this effect:

    Thanks, Bogie. I got card dance up and running (i cross posted this later in the AE forum) and it works fantastically. It’s exactly what I wanted. It’s not for the meek as it works with luminance and color channels, but after some tweaking and a quick tutorial, I’m all good. Thanks for the post.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 8:00 pm in reply to: Image stabilization in FCP?

    Here’s another with a free demo:

    https://www.lyric.com/fcp-plugins/tracking.htm

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 7:22 am in reply to: Score one for AVID

    Sure, but don’t they use a proprietary codec based on the same architecture? It really doesn’t matter. All I’m saying is, it seems to be the ‘missing link’ in FCPs ability to handle mixed resolutions. There’s no unity between. say, DVCPro HD, DV, and uncompressed 8 bit codecs. It’d be cool if manufactueres such as AJA, or Blackmagic amde a scalable codec that was either supported in their hardware or fit in to FCPs rt architecture to be able to handle mixed resolutions. It’d amke a bunch of us really really happy. Also, it’s would improve all of our worflows tremendously.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 5:59 am in reply to: I need help with an effect.

    Awesome. Thanks a lot. I have never explored the card dance effect.

    You guys have made my day.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 4:37 am in reply to: Score one for AVID

    That is the advantage of having outboard hardware acceleration and proprietary codecs and paying lots and lots of money.
    Media 100 HD has similar features, and renders unbelievably fast, but the joy stops right about there.
    FCP has some workflow deficiencies, but I’m glad companies like AJA are there to pick up the slack with the built in upconversion and other such features.

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.02 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 6, 2005 at 3:42 am in reply to: How to isolate one color in FCP?

    https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=pleasantville+effect&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.02 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre

  • Okay. Can you plug anything else into that firewire port and have it work, such as a firewire drive. I’m trying to see if your firewire port is sizzled.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    December 5, 2005 at 5:46 pm in reply to: I need help with an effect.

    Thank you so much. That looks like the effect my producer is looking for. I owe you one.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.02 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre

  • Do you have other firewire drives or decks on the same firewire bus? If so try installing a $40 PCI firewire card to separate your drives from your camera.

    Does the firewire bus work (can you plug in a firewire drive and have it show up)?

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.02 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre

Page 2853 of 2910

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy