Forum Replies Created

Page 2837 of 2910
  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 31, 2006 at 4:07 pm in reply to: AjA posts new K2 Driver V1.2

    Works with the Kona TV application, which is pretty sweet. Real time window burns.

    Maybe it works with VTR exchange, but I haven’t tried it.

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Hmm, there’s no hard and fast rules, but I can tell you the situations I most use these “features”.

    I lock the tracks mostly when I’m editing audio. I have the music in 2 or 4 separate audio tracks, separate from anything else in the timeline. I can then lock all the video and audio tracks except those two or four tracks that contain the tunes. I can now ripple delete and cut the music away to my heart and ears’ content without moving any of the other audio or video in my timeline.

    You should unpatch your tracks when you want to add video only from a file that contains both audio & video from the viewer to the timeline. You should also unpatch the audio if you are trying to add audio to a disabled track, it won’t work. If you need the audio in there, then you must enable the audio track that is disabled.

    have you figured out auto select yet? What system are you coming from? Does any of this help?

    I’m sure others will chime in with much better uses.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • All graphics and effects will be added in AE, all I really need is to cc the clips before going out to AE. Once rendered out of AE, I have one giant movie. All I am adding is proper sound and music. I have set up an opportunity to get a demo dongle for Final Touch. I’ll see how it goes.

    Thanks for your input.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 31, 2006 at 4:49 am in reply to: AjA posts new K2 Driver V1.2

    RGBA playback in Final Cut. Does that mean what I think it means?

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 30, 2006 at 11:52 pm in reply to: Help to set up a good MAC for editing

    Careful Shane, he’s looking for HDV capability and he’s buying a Quad which is PCIe.

    The only option that will work that you suggested is the io for his SD material, but not for HDV. The io is PCI bus independent.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 30, 2006 at 9:06 pm in reply to: Speed problem on copy

    WHen you say copy, do you mean copt and paste the clip, or copy and past the attributes to another clip?

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 30, 2006 at 7:21 pm in reply to: Need to swap out SATA drives on a G5…

    Complete with pictures:

    https://manuals.info.apple.com/en/PMG5_HD_DIY.pdf

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 30, 2006 at 7:17 pm in reply to: raw footage saving

    Name the clip before you capture now, or log & capture the clips so that they are prenamed.

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 30, 2006 at 6:49 pm in reply to: Help to set up a good MAC for editing

    AS of right this minute, you have two choices.

    If buying a Quad you’ll need an HD PCIe card, since you’ll be working with HDV.

    You can go with the Kona LHe or the Kona 3. The Kona LHe will better suit your HDV needs as it has analog component and analog inputs. The Kona 3 is a mostly digital i/o card, that has only analog component outputs.

    Kona 3 also has an sd to hd upconvert function, the LHe does not. Both will down-convert. Neither card will cross-convert 720 to 1080i or 1080i to 720.

    Blackmagic has a PCIe card, but it is an SD card only.

    I currently have a Kona 2 with an io, and I can’t recommend aja products enough. They work and work well.

    You might want to think about getting some fast storage such as a cheaper SATA RAID, or a more expensive fibre channel raid for increased reliability.

    Good luck in your choices.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Yes, we would have to buy the full version if we decide to go down this route. Version 2 looks like it’s going to be pretty sweet actually, but the release has been delayed.

    🙁

    It sounds like they want to get it right though.

    🙂

    Jeremy

Page 2837 of 2910

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy