Forum Replies Created

Page 217 of 315
  • Herb Sevush

    March 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm in reply to: Confession of a switcher

    [Shane Ross] “Ugh…I didn’t even make it to 10 min. I got about 8 min in. “

    How could you take it for 8 minutes? Even though I was forewarned I had to stop by 4:37. I know where they got the title from, after 4 minutes of his voice and pacing I was willing to confess to anything. That presentation should be sold as a military interrogation weapon.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm in reply to: What if there is no new Mac Pro?

    [Ronald Lindeboom] “we were all waiting in line at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino to see Leon Russell, Procol Harum and Uriah Heep”

    I’m hoping Procol Harum was the headliner. Even at $5 I wouldn’t wait in line for Uriah Heep.

    In NYC there used to be a series of summer concerts in Central Park at the old Wollman Skating Rink – I think Schaeffer Beer was the sponsor. $3 for 2 acts. Best bang for the buck – I saw Led Zeppelin, touring behind their first album, with B.B King as the opener. When LZ came on stage Robert Plant kept apologizing for headlining over B.B – said he wanted to do it the other way but the promoters wouldn’t let them.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm in reply to: What if there is no new Mac Pro?

    [Oliver Peters] “I believe if you play any of the Beatles tracks available on iTunes backwards, you can hear Jobs’ embedded voice saying “the Mac Pro is dead”.”

    Beautiful. Thanks.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 9, 2012 at 3:39 am in reply to: cross platform archiving

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Can’t recommend Cache-A enough.”

    If I had the 8K I would. But for less than half I just bought an LTO5 from Maxx Digital with the BRU Server Small Office software that runs on OSX and Linux. I’m good to go on my Mac Pro for now, and if I switch platforms I can continue my archives by booting under Linux.

    Thank you everyone for your help.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 9, 2012 at 12:00 am in reply to: What if there is no new Mac Pro?

    [Ronald Lindeboom] “Brewer & Shipley”

    One toke over the line, indeed. Next you’ll be quoting Seals and Crofts.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm in reply to: E5 Xeon’s officially launched

    [John Heagy] “Apple’s not shy about announcing EOL of products and technology.”

    That line made me laugh. It’s the understatement of last year.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 6, 2012 at 9:54 pm in reply to: E5 Xeon’s officially launched

    “Early models of the chips have seen real-world use already. More than 100,000 have shipped, said Lisa Graff, general manager of data center platform engineering, in a press conference here.”

    So assuming Apple has only been waiting for official release of these chips, if they don’t release new MacPros within a month can we say that the MacPro line is done? This is not argumentative on my part, I’m really trying to figure out how long to wait before committing to another platform.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 6, 2012 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Could it be…?

    [Steve Connor] “If anything because of the low cost then companies may have more to spend on plugins”

    that would be true if the market for X plugins resembled the market for FCP7 plugins – a large number of whom are experienced pros and facilities. But if you accept the notion that X is marketed at a new generation of I-users, who are used to prices at the app store, with motion as a $50 plugin the idea of spending $200 – S400 for a set of transition or grading filters might not sit so well.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Could it be…?

    [Craig Seeman] “Genarts, NoiseIndustries, RedGiant are supporting FCPX. BorisFX still says they have things on the way.
    Twixtor just came out with their FCPX plugin, just to name a few.”

    It will be interesting to see if the market for a $299 editor will support plugins that cost as much or more than the app they work with.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    March 4, 2012 at 4:08 pm in reply to: Could it be…?

    [Floris van Eck] “Stop being so sour!”

    I would suggest that you stop telling others what to do or feel. You can control your own actions, trying to control others is a bit presumptuous.

    [Floris van Eck] “To me, it makes Premiere and Avid look like a toy.”

    Hyperbolic overstatement.

    [Floris van Eck] ” am getting really tired by the old editing crew that wants editing to stay like it was”

    And I am getting tired of your getting tired. Try a nap.

    [Floris van Eck] “Embrace the change or don’t change but stop the complaining.”

    Or stop complaining about the complaints. Or stop reading the complaints. Or don’t, it’s a free forum.

    [Floris van Eck] “Apparently, most people that are dissatisfied with FCP X still want FCP 8 very badly “

    Apparently many see X as unusable in their workflow. They are not necessarily ludites, they will embrace change when they find that it works for them.

    The earth’s atmosphere is changing, if you can believe those crazy scientists, but it’s not changing for the better for me. Does that make me someone who hates change, or just someone who has a house by the shore?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 217 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy