Forum Replies Created

Page 156 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Chroma Key or Hi-Key for white background

    well I’d chroma key em over white but if somebody actually shoots em over white, your’ married to it. A luma key is your closest fix but you’ll be maskin’ enough to cuss the guy who waisted so much money shooting them over an unkeyable source.
    Can they not be shot over a green screen so you can work with it?

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:28 pm in reply to: Selling Avid system-how much to ask?

    well yeah, they’ll give ya more than street value when financing something for 3 years worth only the first payment.
    mighty kind of em.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Media Composer Takes Media with Alphas offline

    ISIS seems to hold it’s own buggage. MC software scans on it’s own upon launch and close. It’ll quarenteen files upon command should any errors pop up. ISIS apparently sees certain precomputes as currupt files.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:22 pm in reply to: scopes in color correction mode

    Hi, Marc.
    Ebay is your best source for used external scopes.
    I’ve never ahd the patience to futs with Avid’s attempt at usable scopes.

  • 60 is fine. I do it everyday.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Avid Title Tool for rolling credits

    while you use to be able to drag this clip to the duration you want, you now have to set that duration with ins and outs before you create your title. You can drag it to a shorter duration but, being a pict sequence, you can’t drag it longer.
    When encountering bugs like wabbling or interlacing, you’ll find simply adjusting your font size and/or speed/duration can fix this.
    (or just use AE)

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Compression questions

    Don’t let people confuse you with avi nonsense. There are uncompressed quicktimes, image sequences and many other uncompressed ways for export.
    That said, you shot on a miniDV tape. This places your raw footage compressed at 5:1 and living in a 4:1:1 color field. While you can increase file sizes with whatever, you cannot remove the loss recorded on that tape.
    FWIW, I capture HDV at dv25. It’s a clone from the tape. At 1:1, i’d just be eating more drive space.

    I have had no use for avi files in several years.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 13, 2008 at 6:04 am in reply to: Hiring and Firing

    Because I hate firing so much, I hire very little.
    Very seldom have I hired anyone for anything and been happy about it. I’m not a good boss. I’ll sooner say good job and spend twice the time fixing it than hurt somebody’s feelings.
    The times I have gad to fire somebody, they knew why and expected it. By that, it’s never been real hard.
    As far hiring, I like real. When I applied for jobs, I did it in a tie dyed t-shirt and flip flops so there would be no surprises later. When somebody comes in that cocky today, man I like it. If they come in all stuffy with a yes sir this and a yessir that, I throw em in the Eddy Haskel catagory. They’d be too temporary to mess with.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 13, 2008 at 5:58 am in reply to: Avid praise

    Listen to logic, brother.
    They’ve sealed their fate. I hate that as much as you do.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 13, 2008 at 5:57 am in reply to: Selling Avid system-how much to ask?

    While you prolly owe another 10k or so, you may get about 7 for it if the right guy comes along.
    As Bob mentioned, they really shot us in the knees with their latest swoop. You’ll most likely keep it as the lable maker when you get a new system.

Page 156 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy