Forum Replies Created

Page 157 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    November 13, 2008 at 5:54 am in reply to: HDV motion effect problem

    You’ll find a fit to fill with the right ins and outs will nail it.
    You can then use that speed with a fluid motion effect for better quality.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 12, 2008 at 2:29 am in reply to: camera mounts are for woosies

    first scratch happed a not long after getting the car.
    That lil impact killed a tie rod, an A arm and the rear axel.

    not to mention a good number on those cystom ghost flames.

    doah!

  • Grinner Hester

    November 8, 2008 at 1:58 am in reply to: Avid praise

    It was on the ohone in real time. I felt he was just a human with some understanding of my situation. He didn’t ask a boss over his shoulder. It’s this kind of reaction that gains and keeps customers. Had he stuck to a policy that bags their clientele, I surely would have vented it here.
    that said, I recieved the dongle at my home today. It’s a whole different size and design than mine, putting me on a slight edge until I can try it out Sunday at the suite. I’m sure it’s fine… same sys number. Just a lil somethin to make me not sleep all that well till then. 😉

  • Grinner Hester

    November 8, 2008 at 1:54 am in reply to: Need Pro Sound Effects library suggestions

    they have a buy one get one free deal this week.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 11:55 pm in reply to: what makes a good editor?

    then welcome, brother. You have some shoes to fill.
    I’ve seen your dungeon.
    enjoy the ride.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 11:54 pm in reply to: Mythbusters Secret Formula

    We could tell ourselves that viewers prefer reality programming. While that may be so the fact is unscripted shows began with far less budgets than scripted shows. This is why they took off.
    I too like AE, Discovery, ect. Most of what I create on my own is unscripted true reality. I like the freedom of making it and people like the spontiaety when watching “reality”.
    I quote that word as it’s become an abused buzz word that usually means the opposite.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 2:03 am in reply to: In need of a title for my position

    you get to make your own title? man have fun with it.
    start with President/CEO and then try for the dude, dooder, el duderino, ect.
    somethin will stick.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 1:58 am in reply to: Editing and Digitizing

    sure.
    two seperate NLEs in the same room.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 1:53 am in reply to: Avid Adrenailine 2.2.5

    1. I have an FX-1. I purchased it because I had just purchased an HDV native MC adrenaline. I found out on the fly it’s not HDV natice at all. bummer.
    While I capture via firewire from it in SD all the time, I have v 2.1.7 so no HD here ever. It’s a drag capturing with the camera because Avid is so buggy with devices being plugged in and unplugged. I always have to delete all decks and then assign em again due to DNA errors.
    2. and rs422 converter will do ya
    3. Avid drives are yer buddy to this very day, man. I had Medea drives that would sometimes come up empty. I’ve never had a problem with an Avid drive on an Avid.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 6, 2008 at 1:47 am in reply to: exporting media to a dvd editor.

    Avid DVDit will read your metadata but you can’t export usable reference files to it unless you mix it down first and if you have any motion effects, you are best off laying it off to tape and then bringing it back in as one clip.
    I know. rediculas.
    Your prolly best off getting the authoring app of your choice (there are many far better than Avid’s) and using quicktimes when you can.

Page 157 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy