Forum Replies Created

Page 152 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    December 23, 2008 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Avid RS422 to COM1

    Anytime you connect or disconnect a device in Avid, it’ll get fussy till you delete all decksd and remount in deck prefrences.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 23, 2008 at 8:39 pm in reply to: New Editor/New Equiptment

    Bob speaketh the truth.
    Ingedient one… clientele.
    Based on their needs, you may find you don’t even require an Avid. Based on yours, it’s highly likely you don’t.
    I use to recomend any editor learn Avid’s interface. Now, I recomend learning FCP soon and well.
    If editing for yourself, there is not more bang for the buck, period. If marketing yourself as an editor, you’ll see much more than half the post jobs are for FCP editors now. This is a direct result of their product growing while Avid’s arguably topped out 5 years ago or so.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 23, 2008 at 8:34 pm in reply to: QT Ref to Adobe Encore- DVD vid looks jaggy

    Avid added this lil bug when they left the Meridien line. You’ll have to do a video mixdown before exporting the reference file or all your precomputes will offer scan lines for ya.
    Even with the mix downs, you’ll notice any speedramps you have still doing it. I resulted to laying my shows off to beta then recapturing. A 90 munite uncompressed mixdown is not always doable after editing a longform show on limited drive space.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 17, 2008 at 4:34 am in reply to: Signing an NDA with Non-compete languge after I quit

    sign nothing. laugh loud.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 16, 2008 at 5:16 pm in reply to: great deal on an Adrenaline suite

    yes sir. No edit suite is actually complete without at least one lava lamp.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 14, 2008 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Do I need a permit?

    Go meet him.
    Business deals are done between two parties much more than what is written on a piece of paper.
    I started shooting short films in 1984. Other than press passes, to date I have taken the time to get absolutly no permits for any give shoot.
    I’m actually proud of that stat. Thats asking for forgivness rather than permission a hechuvalot and thats what it takes to shoot reality documentaries, which is what I specialize in.
    Life happens while making plans or asking permission. If your busy doing paper work, you’ll misss the shot.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 14, 2008 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Contracts, Clearances, & Releases

    Your atty is the dude for these Qs.
    The less chefs on the sald, the better… as always.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 14, 2008 at 6:17 pm in reply to: How much to charge for editing, post, shooting?…

    It’s probably still a matter of math in my head, just mutiplying my hourly rate by how long it’ll take but I have noticed now I bid according to how much I wanna mess with it now.
    Like if it’s a sweet gig that’s fun and offers reel fodder, I may throw out a flat rate they can’t pass on. When it’s a glamourized ppt presentation with chefs who have never cooked, I may double it just to either weed it out or make it, again, worth messin with.

    The simple answer is multiply and round up a bit.

  • They do it all the time. Our PBS station here rents their post suites just like as if they were not a non-profit.
    They take a good 50k from my family’ss supper table every year and about once a year, they try to hire me for union wages.
    lol
    go figure. I should have set up as a non profit before billing for profit, I guess.

  • Grinner Hester

    December 14, 2008 at 6:12 pm in reply to: Holiday Gifts

    I give em my christmas list just to see what happens.

Page 152 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy