Graham Bernard
Forum Replies Created
-
[john o flaherty] ” my laptop is a thinkpad lenovo”
What Model Number? I’ve just read that there is a Lenovo that has a mini Firewire port.
USB and Firewire are two different types of technology.
G
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
You’ve also got the Sync Cursor Locked. That’s fine if you want it. But be aware also that any changes you make in P/C will create a NEW k/f. And this refers/goes to Ron’s word of caution about rogue k/fs.
You’re going to need to be very attentive to what Vegas is telling/displaying for you.
Cheers
G
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
Media?
Project Settings?
Render Template?
FXs?
Screengrab of your Timeline?
Without knowing a whole heap more, to give anything like an intelligent/informed response, I can still see you’ve got a serious colour swap-out.
Cheers
G
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
Not a User option.
Other than getting a bigger monitor, you can’t. I use to a pair of 17″. I now have a 32″ LG, and at about 3′ and with my PC spectacles, it’s as about as good as I can get. And that’s another thing to consider – spectacles. I do have PC specs. These are NOT my day to day distance and reading spes, these are purely for using with that 2 > 3 foot distance. I have yet another pair of bifocals for PC work that have their own reading segment too!
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
Graham Bernard
June 17, 2013 at 5:47 am in reply to: What new project template do i use for best quality?You’ve already decided what definition (is that your “quality”?) by saying a “DVD” and not BluRay. Now every decision you make will be determined by that fact.
OK . . My workflow is to set my project properties and edit based on the majority of my material. The reason to do this is to allow Vegas to get a good jump at the framerates. And here framerates mean for me smooth flowing editing to allow me to make edit decisions. Don;t forget, what you/I/we see is what the audience needs to put up with!
Now once the editing is all but finished and ready to move over to DVDA, I will render the Project using the Templates within Vegas – not DVDA! Sure, I can render in DVDA, but I get more control rendering within Vegas. I leave DVDA to do what it is best at doing – making design-worthy and well engineered DVD user experience.
Here’s a thought to ponder over: As we all have been moving away from SD to HD, some of us faster than others, and for those mixing ancient footage into DVDs, these mix ‘n match issues will fade as time passes. My last project had 8mm that had been placed inside a DVD; SD work that was onsite work; as I moved over to HD and then the inclusion of 1920×1080 50i so my way was to have a small mix of the SD with the HD within a SD project and then from there render the 2 files I needed at SD:
MyProject.mpg (video)
MyProject.ac3 (audio)The editing, within Vegas, albeit highly complex, was straightforward and I got great framerates.
NB: I have a SONY BRAVIA TV and a SONY DVD player. What I hadn’t reckoned with was the amazing “upscaling” software that is apparent in these magic boxes! What I was left with was a project that looks spectacular made from the mix of “formats” I outlined above.
HTHs
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
[Roger Bansemer] “I have never understood the purpose of the trimmer . .. “
If you are asking(?), the purpose of the Trimmer is to consider editing away from the Timeline; making an ongoing narrative flow without the need to trip up what is already there; allow for “fills” that can occur and make changes without disrupting an already working storyline.
[Roger Bansemer] ” . . . it’s so easy to just reduce the size of an event by moving the edge of it on the timeline.”
Yes, yes it is. This is not what I use the Trimmer for.
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
Graham Bernard
June 14, 2013 at 7:29 am in reply to: SV fine tuning – this tiny little thing driving me nuts[Paul Belter] “whenever i hit “render” i have “save project markers in media file” box switched to ON by default”
That’s really odd – I don’t!
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
[Joao Souza] “….result is good but not perfect”
You want perfect? Reshoot. Reshoot with a smoke/fog machine. Seriously, pI is a great product, but the restraints on a 3D option you are becoming aware of. Maybe a more advanced product coming from Boris or AE or whatever might be able to provide that all important analogue look you are after – I do understand. But there comes a point were you need to stop banging your head against a brick wall OR put up with something less-than-perfect.
Maybe somebody else has a clue here. Have you tried the COW pI Forum? You can get hold of the originator of pI, Alan Lorence, over there.
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
(click here . . ) Digital juice has gotten into this market.
Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge -
[Erin Sparks] ” It was SO much more convenient the old way.”
Erin, unless I have misunderstood you, I’m not able to repro. Meaning VP12 is working the same as it still does – just checked – in VP11.
Grazie
Vegas IN OUT in the Trimmer and Selection
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge