Forum Replies Created

Page 343 of 449
  • Graham Bernard

    June 22, 2013 at 6:41 am in reply to: mysterious box with FX: Vegas Pro 11

    Hmm….?

    Well, and as I was thinking, that Rectangle is indicating to me that you have a residual “Copy TO Clipboard” item and then have had it activated in your “Split Screen View” – I can see that as the SSV is presently activated.

    Regarding your FX issue, I’d be looking very closely at the amount and types of FX you are using. You have your preview on Draft so you are at a minimum of usage of previewing. What FX-ing are you attempting to use? Are they 3rd Party? Vegas is choking on something.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    June 22, 2013 at 6:22 am in reply to: capturing media

    [John Rofrano] “There is no other option”

    Well, maybe there is . . . .

    When I started out, I knew very little about capturing to a PC/Laptop. But I read, and read widely about about all of this – massively!

    I landed on a Dell Inspiron which DID (does) have a tiny 4 pin f/w. Taking my Dell to the camera shop, testing it on their counter, proving that I could capture from it, I also purchased my first SD-DV XM2 camera. But the Dell didn’t do everything for me so I utilized the PCMCIA slot and purchased a Dual F/W adaptor card that was recognised by that PCMCIA slot in my Dell Inspiron.

    So my route was

    XM2>Firewire cable>PCMCIA Slot/Card>Inspiron>VidCap Vegas!

    Now, Johnny is most likely nervously considering all the weaknesses that can/could ensue when we all know that nowadays camera-capture Cards (Sandisk Flash or SD), are so very easy – yes, I use them – that this type of “fix”, using the PCMCIA card option is potentially fraught with issues – or maybe not. It wasn’t for me.

    So, and not for the feint-hearted (back in 2002 I learnt loads from this type of research!) here is the research I compiled for you that I didn’t feel if I hadn’t brought to your attention you’d be missing out on. When it works it is dead easy.

    Enjoy!

    1] Here’s the INPUT specs from the Lenovo site:-

    2] Here’s the site I got that information from:

    https://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t430/index.html#techspecs

    3] Here’s a list of option for Cards and firewire:-

    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=firewire+express+card&client=firefox-a&hs=NLx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aDjFUaj-CJKQ7AbY1oGwBQ&ved=0CFYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=633

    4] And here’s a YouTube – Plug ‘n Play view!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njyG5abAQog

    Of course it is going to be your decision as to which way you’re going to go. You have an XM2 – which is only a SD camera and still doesn’t shoot native 16×9 – BUT is still a great SD camera none-the-less; a laptop that that is presently blind to the camera’s output and a capturing s/w that needs firewire.

    The Cons on the XM2 is that it is preeeety old technology and most likely the camera will fail and you’d be left with a setup that although f/w input compliant; wont have a need to use as a capturing port, although you could use it for laying-off to external drives . . but that’s another story . . . The other con with the XM2 and should be your most pressing thought, is that it is still only standard definition – high definition and the valuable creative option available to HD is awesome and, quite frankly, is now the only way to go.

    HTHs? Maybe this has confused you even more? LOL, it wasn’t meant to.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Graham Bernard

    June 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm in reply to: mysterious box with FX: Vegas Pro 11

    I think I know what it could be. How about a screengrab of the Preview?

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • You’re welcome!

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • What build of Vegas are you running? You could try Ctlr+Shift on firing up Vegas to reset to Factory default.

    Is it possible that formatting the disc has required you to register your copy of Vegas? Maybe you’ve used up your Serials?

    Could be that formatting and the subsequent Restore has broken some necessary linkages to the various elements of running the Vegas, and there that would be the Registry for the Fx-ing and Text modules. Other than a full removal of Vegas and then a reinstall I’m out of ideas.

    Keep us posted – yeah?

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • In the Track 1 “Track Header”, make Track 1 a Parent to your Track 2.

    Now whenever there is a gap you will see the other tracks and not turn black.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • I contacted GenArts Support. They were very helpful and I have pI 3.09 working.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Well Ann, I downloaded and installed 3.09 and my Serial for 3 isn’t being recognised.

    It’ll be good to hear from GenArts on this?

    Cheers

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    June 20, 2013 at 6:22 am in reply to: PI 3.0.4.3 update error

    Alan – Will this latest Standalone Installer give me an update to the SONY Vegas Pro12 Plug too?

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    June 19, 2013 at 9:47 pm in reply to: PI 3.0.4.3 update error

    Yup, same here…..

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Page 343 of 449

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy