Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › mysterious box with FX: Vegas Pro 11

  • mysterious box with FX: Vegas Pro 11

    Posted by Brad Sealfon on June 21, 2013 at 6:41 pm

    Hi all, First off, thanks so much to everyone who makes this forum such a vibrant community. As a long-time lurker, extensive searching of the forums has taught me so much of what I know about Vegas Pro. Thank you.

    The Problem:

    A strange box artifact appears when I try to apply any sort of FX to my media/events.

    It appears in the preview and on render.

    I used VP11 for months without problems, and now for the past several weeks I cannot get rid of it and have to find ways to creatively hide it behind white space, etc. It is driving me absolutely bonkers.

    Help?

    Cheers,
    -Brad

    Brad Sealfon replied 13 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Graham Bernard

    June 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm

    I think I know what it could be. How about a screengrab of the Preview?

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Brad Sealfon

    June 21, 2013 at 10:07 pm

    Thanks for responding! Hmm… I am trying to post the screen grabs I took…

  • Brad Sealfon

    June 21, 2013 at 10:51 pm

    UPDATE: Now all of Vegas is freezing when I try to add or modify any FX.

  • Graham Bernard

    June 22, 2013 at 6:41 am

    Hmm….?

    Well, and as I was thinking, that Rectangle is indicating to me that you have a residual “Copy TO Clipboard” item and then have had it activated in your “Split Screen View” – I can see that as the SSV is presently activated.

    Regarding your FX issue, I’d be looking very closely at the amount and types of FX you are using. You have your preview on Draft so you are at a minimum of usage of previewing. What FX-ing are you attempting to use? Are they 3rd Party? Vegas is choking on something.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Brad Sealfon

    June 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

    No, these are super basic FX that caused no trouble in the past: cookie cutter and brightness/contrast. New Blue, which always caused headaches in the beginning, is still working OK. But all Sony FX have gotten to the point where even just creating a new “solid color” freezes the software. Ack!

  • Brad Sealfon

    July 2, 2013 at 2:26 pm

    I had to update my graphics card drivers.

    That, plus killing google chrome, seemed to do the trick. Chrome did some sort of update that made my graphics really unstable, and it runs in the background even after it is closed.

    Fortunately, I’m back in business!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy