Forum Replies Created

Page 465 of 525
  • [walter biscardi] “I very highly recommend the Medea Fibre Channel storage solutions.”

    I agree -my medea array FCR2X runs non stop. I also currently have fibre from ADTX and Facillis.

    ” AJA Kona series is the way to go.”
    I to run Kona in all 3 of my suites. I have a Kona 2, and LHe and
    I travel on the road with an Kona LH which has been shipped in a Dual 2.5 – 26 times via fedex and and still works like a charm.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 2, 2006 at 5:56 pm in reply to: It’s Q1 2006

    [doka15] “I would love to see the 2 cameras, Varicam and HVX200 in a film transfer test to see the differences.”

    I will be showing this at one of my post sessions at NAB this year….

    it will be 3 hours on the entire film out process from HD…

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 2, 2006 at 4:12 pm in reply to: HDV output to monitor on LHe

    [11thIndian] “My clients are just starting to ask for HD, so now’s the time to do this kind of research.”

    you Should really do this type of research before you jumped in.
    HD (even HDV) is not like working with DV footage.

    you have much to learn grasshopper…

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 2, 2006 at 4:08 pm in reply to: P2 workflow

    [Yogifilm] “But still no connection to the USB card reader.”

    my guess is the reader is dead then.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 2, 2006 at 3:40 pm in reply to: HDV output to monitor on LHe

    [11thIndian] “So, besides being highly compressed, HDV is also stretched horizontally to fit the 1920×1080 frame?”

    Well those 2 things are one and the same.

    Almost all of the HD formats do some type of horizontal squeeze when laying to tape.

    you need to read the “understanding HD broadcast formats” in the FCP help section of the manual.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 1, 2006 at 9:03 pm in reply to: HDV output to monitor on LHe

    [11thIndian] “What threw me was I was looking for a 60i 1440×1080 option (to match my image size). Why isn’t there one?”

    the smpte spec for 1080 video is 1920×1080.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 1, 2006 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Dell vs Apple Cinema LCD displays

    [walter biscardi] “Not sure if it’s still the same, but I was told by an engineer two years ago that all Plasma screens were made by two companies and just branded with the various nameplates.”

    pretty much the same nowadays too,
    I was told that 99%+ of LCDs are LG or Samsung.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 1, 2006 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Dell vs Apple Cinema LCD displays

    [walter biscardi] “Not sure if it’s still the same, but I was told by an engineer two years ago that all Plasma screens were made by two companies and just branded with the various nameplates.”

    pretty much the same nowadays too,
    I was told that 99%+ of LCDs are LG or Samsung.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 1, 2006 at 8:05 pm in reply to: HVR-Z1U HD vs. HVX200

    [gary adcock] “Toke – this is not correct”

    Actually Toke you were correct — I miss spoke and got them backwards –HDV does use Inter-frame compression — DVCPROHD uses intra-frame.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 1, 2006 at 6:18 pm in reply to: HVR-Z1U HD vs. HVX200

    [toke lahti] “Even if hdv’s interframe compression is a bit more efficient, it also produces “movement error””

    Toke – this is not correct, all HDV uses intra-frame compression- where the compression is computed across more than one frame from as little as 6 to as many as 15 frames – this is where the “movement error” you speak of. DVCPROHD uses inter frame compression – or every frame is compressed individually without regard to the adjacent frame.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

Page 465 of 525

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy