Forum Replies Created

Page 454 of 525
  • Gary Adcock

    February 7, 2006 at 10:28 pm in reply to: 720p24 to 1080p24?

    [Blake Calhoun] “I’m onlining a project shot on the Varicam on an Avid DS. Learned that the DS won’t take a 720p24 EDL. I’m pretty sure a Teranex would be the best route, but one is not available in this workflow scenario. Is the upconvert from the 1700 deck good?”

    you will be fine, Teranex is the best up-conversion available, the UC chip set does offer a viable solution for a large majority of users.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 5, 2006 at 10:18 pm in reply to: Having a bad time importing HDV file into Final Cut Pro

    [Harry] ” There’s nothing in the Blackmagic menu to give me 1440×1080.”

    the video out is 1920×1080 only the bits on tape are 1440 x1080.

    my guess it that if you change your easy set up to HDV1080 and CREATE a new SEQ and drag the content into it– then you should be fine.

    my guess is you did not have the set up correctly when you created the seq.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 5, 2006 at 10:13 pm in reply to: New 8GB P2 Pricing!

    [john sharaf] “Perhaps AJA or someone else is listening and will provide an HD_SDI monitoring solution, but I would appreciate some explaination from Panasonic. I did bring it to their attention!”

    Yes
    I saw that too but then I never use my deck for video monitoring.
    for HDSDI out –why not use an AJA HD10a component to HDSDI converter.- the very same one everyone uses with the Cinealta;s and I bet you already have one.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 5, 2006 at 6:30 pm in reply to: Capturing HVX200 P2 via PCIxpress on MacBookPro

    [Jim Calahan] “FCP 5.0.4 and OSX 10.4.4 are needed to have FCP open the HD MXF files you can still work in SD one version back on FCP and OSX”

    Jim not true

    I am running FCP 5.04 on my powerbook with 10.4.3 and QT7. 03 and I have found that much more stable than the currently 10.4.4 and / QT7.04

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 4, 2006 at 2:48 pm in reply to: Capturing HVX200 P2 via PCIxpress on MacBookPro

    [Shane Ross] “To get the information from thesee cards, you really need the latest verson of FCP (5.0.4) and the latest version of Quicktime (7.0.4…I think you can get away with 7.0.3).”

    Shane

    I do not recommend 10.4.4 and QT7.04 with FCP. I keep getting assorted errors with all sorts of issues.
    Hell even my Filemaker data bases no longer work in the latest versions of the OS and QT.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 3, 2006 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Powerbook crashing after log & capture w/HVX

    [Leonard Levy] “It seemed to capture fine, but when he closed the log & capture window it tended to crash. Sometimes also when he opened the log & capture window. Often it crashed after capturing when he just left the window to hit save in the browser.”

    Len

    check to see if your camera is in 1394 Host or Device mode (it is under the “other settings” menu I think)

    good meeting you in SF at the Snader event.

    ga

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 1, 2006 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Can’t get P2 files from PC laptop to Mac

    [Leonard Levy] ” got it working thanks. I’m not exactly sure what I did differentlt but it opened fine in FCP this time.”

    Maybe you reset the camera to the same settings as the clips are, just like when you capture, often seems to help these types of problems ( but in actuality you should not have to)

    [Leonard Levy] “Shouldn’t Quicktime be able to translate these files also , or does that only happen when you put a P2 card in directly?”
    NO only FCP (via QT) can translate the files currently. if this was true there would not be a need for a 3rd party reader on the mac.

    [Leonard Levy] “Would burning a card’s contents onto a DVD be the same as inserting the original P2 card, or is it different depending on whether the file was first encountered in a MAC or a PC?”

    I have worked with content passed from both platforms without issue and my guess is that something on the camera or the file structure was messed up. you have to have all of the parts and the FTP translation most likely was the culprit.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    February 1, 2006 at 12:43 am in reply to: Dark Compression resets to Normal with power cycle!

    [leaknoil] “. If you add features you can charge but, repairing a broken feature people already payed for makes it harder.”

    funny that sounds like fcp doesn’t it?

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 31, 2006 at 8:39 pm in reply to: Can’t get P2 files from PC laptop to Mac

    [Leonard Levy] “We Burned the packets onto a DVD and brought into the Mac runnig FCP 5.04.
    However Final Cut Pro won’t open them and keeps asking for a “translation file”
    Can’t figure any other way to open them either.”

    See my note from earlier.

    To open the HVX200’s MXF files on a mac you need to have both items that are written on the card.
    You MUST have both the “LastClip.Txt” file and the “Contents” folder from the card for the mac to be able to read the contents. Without both parts on the mac you are dead in the water.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 31, 2006 at 12:14 pm in reply to: Importing from P2: Error

    [Shane Ross] “But occassionally, I will get the error that some of the clips weren’t imported because they were incomplete or corrupt. For one I counted 32 clips in the IMPORT window…yet only 20 imported. 11 were missing. When I went to the drive, I noticed that the VIDEO folder had 20 items…all 20 that imported…but then where did the other 11 images come from?”

    Found that one too, your assumption is correct- the camera op deleted the files and handed you the card – I have seen the proxy hold onto the deleted clip info- just let it mount in the camera and the proxy will reset normally. -I have not seen this in my shipping unit however.

    [Shane Ross] “ALSO…I have two folders with CLIPS and VIDEO files but they won’t import. I get the error: “Selected path does not contain a P2 volume.””

    Correct with out that “LastClip.txt” file along with the”Contents” folder you are out of luck on the mac. AVIDS can open the Mxf files without that header file but the mac cannot.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

Page 454 of 525

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy