Forum Replies Created

Page 444 of 525
  • Gary Adcock

    May 2, 2006 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Edit to Tape in HDV not working…

    [Neil Harris] ” i’m using FCP 5.0.2 and a Sony Z1e –I’m trying to lay off a timeline back to the camera but getting a warning that Edit to Tape cannot be used in HDV mode. FCP tells me to use print to video instead.”

    that is correct there is no edit to tape with that setup.

    update to FCP 5.04 and make sure to “completely” render out the timeline and then print to video.
    Turn off all RT functions to force the full rendering.

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 2, 2006 at 2:45 pm in reply to: P2 VIEWER FOR MAC!

    [david garcia] “if I try to back up on a machine which the P2 store is plugged into, the dvd only sees the first partition, regardless of what “NO_NAME” partition I copy from. The chances of missing Data here are way too high. “

    David
    why have you not named your cards? Pop them into a laptop and give each card it’s own individual name,
    ( or use the camera to mount them if your laptop does not have a card reader) it is a far better way to handle the media.

    I have to agree with Shane and Noah, I think your workflow is a tad cumbersome by initially burning to dvd to start.

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 2, 2006 at 2:36 pm in reply to: Understanding Sync using LHe & BH-50

    [Kevin Wild] “UGH! Thanks, Bob. I was afraid of this. I think it’s past B&H’s 14 day return policy, but I’ll call and see what they’ll do. God knows I spend enough money there.”

    Thats the best reason to buy from a local dealer, they know your face and they know what you have purchased, returns for errors like this are easier with someone that you work consistently.

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 2, 2006 at 2:30 pm in reply to: 24p 30P 60i

    [Videobill] “How do I best deal with this in the capture process. (the project is set up to be at 24P with advances 3:2 pulldown. (in final cut)”

    The simplest way to deal with this is to edit at 60i then use something like Nattress filters to deliver at 24.

    gary

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 2, 2006 at 1:01 am in reply to: 720/25P vs 720/25PN ?

    [Marcus van Bavel] < "SMPTE 370M describes 1080i60, 720p60 and 1080i50, but no 720p50. " SMPTE 296 has the listing for the 1280×720 progressive HD recording format and I do not believe there is an included standard for 720p50 listed in the current doc’s online. https://www.smpte.org/smpte_store/standards/index.cfm?scope=0&stdtype=smpte&CurrentPage=12

    [Marcus van Bavel] ” Also the frames for 720/25pn as recorded by the HVX200 take up exactly half the same amount of space as a 1080i50 frame, and they take up more space per frame than 720/30pn or 720/24pn. (288,000 bytes vs 240,000 for 720/30pn). Did you know that?”

    Marcus that would be correct. Recording in the PN modes always result in less data being captured because there are not any additional frames being added. The 24PN modes respond the same, being 1/2 the size on P2 that the 1080 formats require.

    As for the difference in actual file size, I do not have a current version of the HVX200E (25p) camera to test your numbers but I think that is the difference within the color space and number of audio channels and their compression (but I could be wrong)

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 1, 2006 at 4:07 pm in reply to: DVC Pro HD – video is black

    [walter biscardi] “Ensure that you’re running at least FCP 5.0.3. If you’re coming in via SDI through the Kona board, FCP had issues turning your captures into Subclips. What you had to do was delete all those subclips from your Browser and import the corectly captured clips from your harddrive.”

    this also appears when the deck is not set for the proper input settings.
    Check to see that the deck is showing a lighted 720p on the front of the deck under the audio controls.

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • [toke lahti] “You can always open terminal and delete everything with sudo command.”

    OR

    https://www.versiontracker.com/php/dlpage.php?id=12057&db=mac&pid=19574&kind=&lnk=http%3A%2F%2Fmacchampion.com%2Farbysoft%2Fbatchmod_137.dmg

    use the free Batch Chmod app ( this runs a unix shell script that can change permissions or unlock files)

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 1, 2006 at 3:40 pm in reply to: 720/25P vs 720/25PN ?

    [iMan] “Sorry, I meant to say shoot 720P/25P to both P2 card and Firestore; this would work right?”

    iMAN
    there is NO 25PN mode on the firestore, only 25p – All attached FW devices accept the video as if they were being recorded to tape.

    FCP does NOT currently support 720p25 or 720p50 properly

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • Gary Adcock

    May 1, 2006 at 3:36 pm in reply to: 720/25P vs 720/25PN ?

    [Marcus van Bavel] “720p25 is stored in a 1080i50 stream so every other frame is redundant.”

    Not correct marcus

    720p25 is stored in a 720p50 video stream, 1080psf25 is laid into the 1080i50 using a 2:2:2:2 patter where every 1080 frame is separated into 2 fields

    ga

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

  • I’m going to jump in the fray backing both Walter and Bob,

    I have not seen any issues with the Down-convert from any of the Kona Boards, Walter and I both were amazed at the quality of the NAB 2K demo being shown at HD and NTSC rez with virtually no loss.

    you are not trying to go to PAL are you???
    you have checked your Kona Control Panel to make sure everything is correct?
    did you check the cabling? ( and change them just to be safe)

    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL
    gary@studio37.com

Page 444 of 525

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy